@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valthan

10-07-2012

I've been looking for a "plus-size" female character design that still manages to be endearing for quite a while and I've finally found one. The new pandaren race in WoW are most decidedly bigger round the middle, yet still somehow manage to be adorable. Maybe it's just because they're pandas too...

The point is, plus-size girls CAN be done.

ImYourBestFriend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

IronStylus would it be to revealing to delve into the creative flow the designers, and concept artist go through to come up with ideas?

I am just curious since its hard for me to pinpoint things off the top of my head for ideas, and I end up using generator sites like seventhsanctum.com

or would you drop the ball and say that your drawing hand is moved by your audiences' needs ($$$)

Lusty Xenomorph

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Why haven't you made Rita Repulsa, tell me right now why?http://www.paulschriersr.com/RitaRepulsa.jpg

Jeanesse

10-07-2012

IronStylus, I think we can all respect your openness in communicating with the playerbase and the steps you're working to take in terms of design. I personally think that the matter will always be evolving, but one thing that I DON'T understand is how you guys approach splash art. Not necessarily just in terms of "*** appeal", but if you look at an alarming number of female splash art, the "stylization" has resulted in a highly contorted spine. You guys can do anatomy and stylized people, but when a backbone is bent at an impossible 90 degree angle (Ashe, Miss Fortune, Lux, Syndra, Morgana even the new Soraka to name a few), it interrupts my suspension of disbelief in terms of artistic license with the human body. They're obviously human figures, so why twist them until they break? Poses can be strong and dynamic without throwing basic anatomy out the window, all while still being stylized...

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

10-07-2012

"• Evelynn is wearing lingerie. She is literally walking around the fields of justice in her underwear. I guess she is relying on her stealth."

I didnt rly read thru all the post but my eye cought this phrase as im eve player, i must say i love your comment on such use of stealth ;P

TiltedAxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

The crux of this entire thread is simple:

Horny nerds design female champions.

Downvote if you want, its the truth.

Struggler9996

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Somewhat recently, Flemeth's design in Dragon Age II pulls this off pretty spectacularly. What a badass!
Shyvana's long-lost mama.

Nevan Superbītch

10-07-2012

Well said :3
They could make an ugly witch champion, I dont see why that would look bad

MadeHerSquirtle

10-07-2012

"My argument is that female champions are treated differently, and that there is less diversity amongst the female cast members."

Why is the majority of this thread talking about oversexualization then?

We need to stay on topic.

One: Female champions are treated differently.

My argument against this is that, I last hit with them, I kill towers with them, I kill nexus with them, and I'm not any more or less likely to choose her because she's a female champion. That being said, I'm not sure how one "treats a champion" to begin with.

Two: The beginning of this thread seemed to be more about females being treated with disrespect.

First of all, this is League of Legends. The community doesn't care if you are female or male, you WILL get verbally attacked or assaulted. If you feed, and you're male, you're a feeder. If you're female and you kick ass, there's still something else to attack. I'm a male, I do awesome in game, but I might say "Hey, you shouldn't have done that, "X" would have been a better idea." That there is an invitation for a "noob stfu" You being female isn't why you're treated badly.

It isn't the girl, its the community. Your gender is just something for someone to target, hell I've been made fun of for being a "male wasting his times on video games blah blah" (and that was a female, presumably, saying this).

Three: Less diversity among female champs

So? Don't expect a 50/50. They never promised a 50% female 50% male cast. If they added more females than males, some other people would complain about this mundane fact. It doesn't effect the gameplay at all, and only sensitives who try to find something to complain about complain about things like this. This is something I never even noticed or realized, because I don't play League of Legends to find a bunch of champs I identify with to play as, I play league of legends to kill mofos and pop towers.

This thread reeks of feminism.

GrizlakMonger

10-07-2012

Wow, too many pages to ever actually get an opinion in to riot, but honestly many of the women characters are proportioned so ridiculously I don't see how they can even be considered attractive. They look so fake and freakish. They hardly represent a human form and I'd like to see more reasonably designed female champions and toning back on existing ones.