@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

10-05-2012

Pentakill Olaf

/thread

Commie Rogue

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
You don't understand what **** shaming actually means, nor do you understand that there is a difference between a woman choosing to wear something and an artist designing a character to wear a specific thing.
You realize Riot has a female artist who makes some of the splash art, right? I mean, this fact isn't lost on you, is it?

L2 Sentinel

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz4 View Post
You honestly are over-thinking this way too much OP. If this bothers you that much you should simply move on to a different game. This game is, for the most part, a recreational activity. It makes no literal sense that you'd burden yourself over an activity designed for pleasure. I mean, I would write this kind of message to a politician...not a game company. Let's be practical here- as I write a decent amount- this post would take me at least two hours to write. Please, there are so many troubles in the world where you shouldn't be wasting your time over something as petty as this. (Even if someone spends hours upon hours on this game...in the course of the world this game is very minor.)
Movies, books, television and magazines are all recreational activities. People care about how they are represented.

L2 Sentinel

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite3789 View Post
You realize Riot has a female artist who makes some of the splash art, right? I mean, this fact isn't lost on you, is it?
How is this relevant? I'm not criticizing Riot's hiring policies.

Kizuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

This thread is sexist from it's intent and origin.

I don't think you have grounds to ask for a serious discussion until you change your attitude.

Commie Rogue

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
How is this relevant? I'm not criticizing Riot's hiring policies.
Read the post I quoted. Context: It is lost on you.

Miria

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite3789 View Post
/thread

chumbler

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwolff View Post
Good thing that's not what I said at all. People who constantly bring up these subjects in an environment that mostly doesn't care about the issue just annoys people. Annoyed people who are anonymous will then lash out, because as this community shows time and time again, everyone spews any amount of obscenities at people for the slightest things.

And you made the assumption that I am one of the people who goes around insulting women. I have never once done that, and I have had my fair share of defending people in general who are being harassed. Ultimately my point is the more people bring up this mostly (at least to me) nonexistent issue, the more people will start harassing people for it.
That's why you make it clear that such harassment is unacceptable. Then the issue will eventually go away. Also I and people like me aren't going to stop talking about this issue just because some people get annoyed by it and can't control their immature, bratty personalities.

Commie Rogue

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
That's why you make it clear that such harassment is unacceptable. Then the issue will eventually go away. Also I and people like me aren't going to stop talking about this issue just because some people get annoyed by it and can't control their immature, bratty personalities.
It's not harassment. These characters aren't real and I've yet to meet one female who plays the game who freaks out over this fact.

It's only dudes who like to white-knight who lose their mind.

L2 Sentinel

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasX87 View Post
Pentakill Olaf

/thread
Oh god. My mind is blown. How could I have overlooked Pentakill Olaf!? No wait, I didn't. You just didn't bother reading and wanted to be a smartass.