@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscorpio View Post
I'll redo my question, Why does LoL has no human black champions?

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
I'll redo my question, Why does LoL has no human black champions?
Because runeterra lacks an area analougus to africa

Nightscorpio

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
She ain't black, maybe latina look-alike, MAYBE.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
you probably haven't heard of her

Daemon

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
If I'm parsing this correctly..

Yeah, gals tend to be a smaller sliver of archetype due to being outnumbered.. but that's just an excuse when we really could just be more clever with our real-estate.

I've never really been fond of old haggard, but that's just me. Maybe it's viable. I'd steer more towards BAMF as a good target. Middle-age-ish-sorta, dignified, graceful, SCREW THE RULES, a force to be reckoned with.

FTFY: http://static.tumblr.com/exfguat/Xhr...g-watching.gif

tempnameA461

10-07-2012

Quote:
Karma has a black pigmentation, but she isn't what you would call "a black."

Xengre

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
If I'm parsing this correctly..

Yeah, gals tend to be a smaller sliver of archetype due to being outnumbered.. but that's just an excuse when we really could just be more clever with our real-estate.

I've never really been fond of old haggard, but that's just me. Maybe it's viable. I'd steer more towards Maleficent as a good target. Middle-age-ish-sorta, dignified, graceful, evil, a force to be reckoned with.
I certainly believe these to be appropriate avenues and would like to see it approached in larger quantity... while not being repetitive. Of course... these will still generally lean towards being barbaric (or athletically fit) females. That being said... not demonstrating overly revealing or large sized bust and cutting down on the number of sexy, or overly so, posses (going more instead for styled/cool posses such as Riven's splash art... minus wabbit, this is my opinion here) is probably a very important part of this approach that people are desiring in this and many similar threads.

Rachel

10-07-2012

I want to just rewind and pause for those who say that the demographic is primarily male as well as the people saying that looks don't matter in a champion
If looks don't matter to you then why are you here?
I think that's awesome tbh because when riot serves up a hot new champion that the people in this thread adore because of the variety in looks you will like it too because of the interesting new mechanics/kit.
So it is pointless for you to even post in here.

MTaur

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
I want women to have more variety in what they wear YET I also demand that they shouldn't wear heels cause despite this being a fantasy game it isn't realistic for a woman to go into battle in heels because I think it is some form of sexism that ironically feminists of my previous generation fought long and hard to empower women to wear what they want.

Oh so far we have come.
I'd be ok with a female champ who wears heels as long as she either flies or her base movement speed is 250.

Some fantasy devices are more coherent and plausible than others. A magic link with the realm of stars? Cool, that's where your powers come from! You wear heels on a battlefield? wtf is wrong with you? It literally adds nothing but *** appeal, and people like you fall over themselves to bundle it with the magic goat horn starbeams and lasers as if it really were the same thing.

Fantasy doesn't mean arbitrarily demolishing any notion of cause and effect or consistency or integrity. It just means letting supernatural in there. I'm sure you have some cool explanation for how the supernatural makes springing in heels actually work in Runeterra or what it adds to the game world other than misplaced *** appeal.

chumbler

10-07-2012

Quote:
She ain't black, maybe latina look-alike, MAYBE.
Considering her themes and name, Indian (as in the south Asian kind) would be a better guess for her inspiration.