@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

10-07-2012

I'm watching this thread guys

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We actually had a ridiculously heavy armored version of the Dark Rider Sejuani, it was epic. I however was working on other stuff when that was getting worked on and somehow we ended up stripping off tons of armor. I have no idea why.

You can be harsh on the base Sejuani. I am! I've talked a whole lot about how I like it's concept but not it's context. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini? Cool, she must be from a wasteland where cow remnants are scant and ridable pigs prevelant. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini from the tundra? *record scratch* Yeah, I have a problem now. We did a cool concept and a cool character, but we needed to tie those together better and even push Sejuani's body type more barbaric. Hind-sight is 20/20 though. (Also I was pretty new then)

You'll never see heels on a female that I design, I cannot vouch for the rest of the team, though. There may be heels incoming, please don't hurt me!
Leona has heels in her default skin...

edit: This is for the future then I assume? Defender leona and iron solari leona are still amazing.

Rachel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumbro Deus View Post
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUn

Shaella

10-07-2012

we've already been over the leona heels, he justified it

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
16 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Sorry, that meant to have "again" after it.

chumbler

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We actually had a ridiculously heavy armored version of the Dark Rider Sejuani, it was epic. I however was working on other stuff when that was getting worked on and somehow we ended up stripping off tons of armor. I have no idea why.

You can be harsh on the base Sejuani. I am! I've talked a whole lot about how I like it's concept but not it's context. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini? Cool, she must be from a wasteland where cow remnants are scant and ridable pigs prevelant. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini from the tundra? *record scratch* Yeah, I have a problem now. We did a cool concept and a cool character, but we needed to tie those together better and even push Sejuani's body type more barbaric. Hind-sight is 20/20 though. (Also I was pretty new then)

You'll never see heels on a female that I design, I cannot vouch for the rest of the team, though. There may be heels incoming, please don't hurt me!
Poke some dudes and get that heavily armored version back (also vandal Sejuani with a hawg and motorcycle armor and a cinder block on a chain).

Also tell them not to add the heels to those champions because that ****'s dumb.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
17 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
we've already been over the leona heels, he justified it
I did actually! =D

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
18 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Also tell them not to add the heels to those champions because that ****'s dumb.
Some stuff still slips by. I'm working on that...

MTaur

10-07-2012

Quote:
I think he meant ever again, not ever (past inclusive). iirc, some people argued with him about Leona's heels back in the day, and eventually he came over to the anti-heel side after letting it all sink in.

EDIT:
omg, Shen'd by a red. /uninstall

Chevalle

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
The amount of blatant sexism in your comment is truly astounding. Are you actually that clueless and desperately focused on your crusade that you are blind to the sheer stupidity you are spewing?

Um, really? Look up any sociology, and it will tell you that feminine assertiveness is INCORRECTLY labled as "*****iness." That's not sexism, that is stating a fact about our society that IS sexist.

Edit: Adding some links to sociology articles in case you are too lazy to look them up while coming up with some other derogatory remark.

1: http://socialsciencelite.blogspot.co...hes-*****.html
2: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagou...en-terrify-us/
3: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...-assertiveness

Edit 2: on the first link you have to manually edit the URL because the forum filter edits out the actual text into asterisks.