Strange Lag Spikes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kittles

10-02-2010

bump

YEEKUZA

10-02-2010

ever since that sona patch i've been getting latency spikes that i have never had in the past that go up to 300-900ms usually my fps is around 30 and goes down to 10 at times, all my settings are low as well

Kittles

10-02-2010

Would this be my ISP at fault?

Hand of Might

10-02-2010

I really want this to stop. It ruins some of my matches.

"Sigh... lag"
"Sure, noob."

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rosezette

10-02-2010

it happened to me too i was playing sion but somehow i died even though i was in my base where i was healing.... what the heck.... my hp went down faster then my hp went up from my base and then i died....

Naritori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

Same things are happening to me, in fact it says I have a constant 30 or so ms. It never goes above 100 ms and I'm getting huge lag spikes where I can't even move.

Iraj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

Same exact problems here. This arose right after the Sona patch. It is not an FPS loss, it is definitely packet loss. Two of us in my household have been playing for months with not one issue. Now suddenly, the game is virtually unplayable. Both computers are hardwired into the router. Both computers can browse webpages with no hiccups. Yet both computers will experience TREMENDOUS packet loss in game during very VERY inopportune times. I went so far as to replace my modem, but still the challenge presents itself. I guess I can replace my router as well but it just seems so frivolous considering everything else works great except League of Legends. I've been complaining about this issue since the week that Sona was released.

AM213

10-03-2010

I have been getting great packet loss as well, and only for League of Legends. This needs a fix.

Iraj

10-03-2010

KaptainKrunch's video in the original post really concisely portrays the challenge. If during the lag spike any enemy champions enter the fray, you will have no idea that they're there. You will simply sync up and die and that sucks. Your team thinks you're a noob, you get mad as hell, then you rez just in time to have it all happen again.

Aazad

10-03-2010

having the exact same problem. it's game-breaking and frustrating. hoping for a fix soon. thanks for posting the video as well.