Strange Lag Spikes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khastiel

01-14-2011

one month without play.

Congratulations Riot!!!

Will lose a lot of Gamers soon!!!

Tell us something, anything!!!

Invis Phoenix

Senior Recruiter

01-14-2011

Something changed for me. my MS used to gradually incline as the game progressed now its staying at a steady 90ms. late game it used to be 500 and 90 at the beginning.

Prisonal

01-27-2011

Shameless bumping to continue for 30 more pages without any useful riot response.

Max Gripness

01-27-2011

They have one person working on this, and he's not even giving any significant amount of help to anyone it seems. I can't imagine any other sort of game having a problem like this for more than one day. Black ops / reach / *any other game name that has online play* down for a day? Hell no, the company knows what a big deal it is when their game is UNPLAYABLE. This is ridiculous.

sTavr0z

01-27-2011

same here perfect connection with all online games,,,,,lag spikes and disconects here...

Mark033

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus7 View Post
They have one person working on this, and he's not even giving any significant amount of help to anyone it seems. I can't imagine any other sort of game having a problem like this for more than one day. Black ops / reach / *any other game name that has online play* down for a day? Hell no, the company knows what a big deal it is when their game is UNPLAYABLE. This is ridiculous.
Halo Reach and Black Ops both cost a considerable amount of money to buy, don't forget that a lot of the people who do pay for this (gay as that is) don't pay nearly as much as the people who buy other online games. They are trying to fix it, and they made a really nice game that's actually free, so maybe you should just relax and let them work on it.

speakerson

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotStatikk View Post
This is basically another case of losing character control, yes?

Can you make a video and/or give me any other clues about how to get this to work? This could really be a problem of your internet service or just the compatibilities of the networks.
i beleive you are wrong as seeing how there are hundreds of people in this thread saying they all have the same problems. great game horrible servers.

Alopix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbian View Post
I know no one wants to hear or admit this, but it is YOUR connection or YOUR computer.
<examples>
This points to the obvious fact that LoL glitches when it is not run on a strong network. Is this fixable, I'm not sure. But to me it seems like it's not their fault.
My computer played it flawlessly this morning and nothing has been changed on it. I even did a virus scan for good measure. Furthermore, between laggy games, I played one that was perfectly normal. My ports are forwarded, my firewall is off.

This is my internet as of just now:

Kersh

01-30-2011

Anyone wonder where all the money from Riot Points go?
I mean Riot's game is ridiculous from mid last year the game has progressively gotten worse in so many ways.
Matchmaking is messed up they started to release recycled characters after they released op ones the game goes down for hours when they release one simple change (obviously they don't beta test the ****) and now without response the servers are beyond ****.

I mean why at least tell us what is wrong Double Ip weekend and Free Champion weekend at least if something was bad it because you made a change did changing the store layout suddenly dissagree with the coding two days later like it did when Renekton was released.
Seriously wtf is going on?
Riot really need to man up and realize that they can't keep running **** like this. When Dota 2 comes out with Valve having much better servers maybe Riot will finally fix stuff when they start losing mass amounts of players because these players can actually play a game with working servers.
It wouldn't even be so bad if Riot actually addressed the problem.

Like hey we know whats wrong we screwed up were working on it sorry guys were doing what we can.

Instead we get complete silence.

Lightningfst

01-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittles View Post
I'm playing on wireless, yeah. That might make sense, as my brother who plays on a direct connection (*not wireless*) doesn't have the same problem. Any ideas for a fix?
Yeah I know what you are talking about. There is a post in another forum about wireless configuration with Windows and wireless. If you follow the instructions, it will keep you from having your network connection "reset" every 1-2 minutes.

Post credit: JangoReborn from Tom's Hardware
Thanks to the genius of Microsoft, Windows Vista has a feature built into it that looks for another network to connect to that is more preferred than the one you are currently on. This feature runs every 60 seconds causing massive lag spikes as your computer runs a scan for other networks. Thankfully this is only a feature in vista and not XP or Windows 7. Currently the only work around I found in order to get this scan to stop was by going to: Start(windows button) > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless networks (on the left side) > then right click on your Networks Name (SSID) and go to properties. Once in properties you would then turn off "Connect to a more preferred network if available". Then you would open up the command prompt and type in "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection 1" to turn off the scan and : C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wireless Network Connection 1" to turn on the scan. I would like to note here that where I have "Wireless Network Connection 1" this would be the name of your OWN wireless connection. Turning it off allows you to go lag spike free for gaming or pinging or whatever else you need your connection to do.