Is this a reward for having high honor?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deejilator

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Honestly, I tend to go out of my way to not honor people who 'discretely' bring up honor. In my personal opinion, bringing honor up in such a fashion cheapens the experience, and so counteracts anything honorable you might have done.
I agree. Honor isn't something that you should be asking for, if you have to ask then there is a chance that you didn't preform to the persons expectations of an honorable person.

On the topic of expectations, for me personally you have to do something more then just a "gg wp" at the end or one nice comment on a play. If I'm in a long game and our entire team is striving to win and giving constructive suggestions on what to do then I'll give Teamwork all around. Or if I have a fun conversation with an opponent or ally then I'll honor them but to me to get honor you should be going above the expected and my expectations are a simple "gg" at the end of the game.

Eleshakai

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warden View Post
Have you been getting more Honor after you got the ribbon? Like since people see that you are a good player they will Honor you because it's 'the right thing to do'?
No, I've been getting reported a lot more because people tend to react to the ribbon by being condescending jack***es when they see it. They assume I'm just kissing up to riot so they decide to act like jerks and then regardless of how the game goes or how I act or play find some reason to report me.

I wish I could hide the ribbon because of the way people react to it.

Elsaliss

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
No, I've been getting reported a lot more because people tend to react to the ribbon by being condescending jack***es when they see it. They assume I'm just kissing up to riot so they decide to act like jerks and then regardless of how the game goes or how I act or play find some reason to report me.

Hopefully they will get banned, and most likely they have no report power so they really can't harm you or your Honor status. Also which ribbon do you have?

cconeus

10-11-2012

Hi all, I just want to point out that they are not going to give the numbers and exact specifications on what it takes to get honor. There are several reasons for this, first being if people know how to get it, there will be a large number of people going for it specifically, which defeats the purpose. When you can meta game it and just say 'hey guys i need two more honor just hook it up' it will happen more often than when you don't know how much more you need.

When you don't know the specific goals you get results like they are currently getting; which is less players being reported, thus less in game issues with foul behavior. The ones who are still reported obviously don't care about honor.

To improve this system a match-making system should be set up, to group honorable players together. I realize this creates a discrepancy in games, where suddenly you will have games filled with happy people and games filled with hateful people, but the positive side to this is being that the reward system is working correctly, 80% of players will still have access to each other in queues. The other 20%, the negative/afk/etc people, will eventually report each other out. Just a thought!

best way to do this is have a +/- 0 system set up (hidden of course). You can probably figure it out from here if you wanna take this into consideration. I'm a business student and manager, just wanted to share my input on performance measures, reviews and awards!

Ferwindar

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post

Theres another side to this coin, as well.

Recently i was playing a normal game (im a married man and i tend to play ranked only when im alone or late night, which is not very frequently), and we were all getting destroyed due to lack of comunication, teamwork, and a couple feeding players.

Despite my attempts to fix this (by calling targets, coordinating ganks, etc) we were absolutely, ultimately defeated (under 20 minutes, mind you).

After the game ended, the chat was all like: "gg wp", "you did well" "nice game" and so on. How patethic is that?

Both teams knew we did terrible, and although i know that its nice that we were not bashing among ourselves, we should have had at least discussed about what we could have done to fare better in that particular match.

Elsaliss

10-14-2012

bump.

Elsaliss

10-20-2012

Hey Lyte, how do you know if you have an Honorable Opponent crest? I played a game recently and people on the other team said I had one. I have never gotten the update screen that congratulates me for obtaining a crest.

Parricidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Honestly, I tend to go out of my way to not honor people who 'discretely' bring up honor. In my personal opinion, bringing honor up in such a fashion cheapens the experience, and so counteracts anything honorable you might have done.
Every time people say something like that after the game, I report them for honor trading.

Elsaliss

10-21-2012

bump

Scorpion AT

12-24-2012

heh i still dont get it i have 131 honor in helpful and 156 in team work and still no Banners for me ... its just sad