Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please make Championship Riven look like her art! (comparison image inside)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

10-05-2012

When I saw the preview on YouTube, I noticed how she looks barely like what she does in the art, which is disappointing. The art is amazing. I made up a comparison image, highlighting the huge differences between the model and the art.

Riot, we are not in China, so you don't have to make up stuff that's not actually on the skin. Either make the art more accurate or make the skin look like the art.

http://i.imgur.com/nHwLu.jpg

Drinking Team

10-14-2012

I'd expect better from riot, since skin quality has been going up hugely. Its really a shame because it is the world championship skin and I'd expect them to represent themselves with good quality work. Riot really should go back and redo the whole thing, but atleast they should redo the parts that stand out most like the gauntlets and boots.

Tl;Dr: your a lazy ass just read the damned post.

Darth Melkor

10-14-2012

Well it's no surprise that the artwork is better looking than the in-game model but I agree it seems like they rushed this one for the World Championship. I doubt they'll redo the whole thing but they might touch it up if they did indeed rush it.

Dondarrion

10-14-2012

I think it looks fine, downvote idc, I think Riot players have been spoilt and think anything less than 100% perfect according to their views is unacceptable.

Flytrap

10-14-2012

I think you're being far too picky.

ShinBlackinu

10-15-2012

OP is being far too picky, also pretty sure the art comes after the model is actually made, in which case its just a matter of the artist going a bit overboard, though it does look nice. Im ok with the model anyhow, just wished the bun in the hair wasn't so flat and curved forward a bit like the rest of her hair in the model.

Killrazor

10-15-2012

They look the same. The images are just from different angles that is all.

"No bright blue bracelet"??? I clearly see one....

Faera Gaelwyn

10-16-2012

Quote:
Killrazor:
They look the same. The images are just from different angles that is all.

"No bright blue bracelet"??? I clearly see one....

They do not look the same. If you can honestly say that then I'm sorry to have to inform you that your observational skills are somewhat lacking : /
The bracelet on the model is a bright, light blue. Actually, it's not even a bracelet, it's part of the armor on her left forearm. In the splash art it's shown as a silver/metallic bit of armor with a bit of blue lighting from the sword. Just like the other, similar, parts of the armor. The in-game model shows it like a giant bright blue wristband similar in color to the blue glow on her sword. I don't really like that, it just doesn't look right for the skin.

I will however point out that Mr. Daemon is looking at the model on... possibly the lowest settings... seen on high quality the right gauntlet and the breastplate look fine on detail
Speaking of the breastplate though, he mentions the left side(it's actually her right side) is missing a portion of armor. It isn't, but because the left side is overlapping the silver bands on the ribs (in the splash it's the other way around) it might seem that way.

As for the boots being 'too small': In the art, riven is being seen from below. Her feet are closer to your 'point of view' so they appear larger in proportion to the upper body and head.

The armor plate on the left leg IS shown in the art to be on her hip with two pointed plates coming from under it, whereas the model has it mid-thigh with one plate.
The issue here is that there isn't enough room for it higher. The bands on the ribcage are larger than they should be (compared to the artwork), you can see on the art that there are 2-3 inches of space between the belt line and the bottom band, whereas on the model the bottom band goes under the belt line, almost like a belt itself. This left no room for the hip plate, so it was moved down the leg a bit, leaving no room for the 2nd plate under the hip plate...

So... anyways Yes, the model and the art are similar, but they are not the same at all.
I do think a fix of the rib bands and hip plate proportions/placement would be nice, and a change to the sapphire wristband, but it's not game-breakingly important.

Ishinokao

10-17-2012

Critiques on anything other than balance after the release of something is pointless. They wont change it.

Kemando

10-17-2012

Wow, that's BAD. like... I thought it looked a little underwhelming but THAT much of a difference upsets me, almost no effort there, I mean Battle Bunny Riven is better, lol. BBR is still my favorite skin,