Having problems currently when I lane againt a Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gankez

10-08-2012

u can beat rengar with any champ who has a gap closer.. riven comes to mind as a strong counter (lane)

Irish Red Cap

10-08-2012

[QUOTE=Dumaraz;29916134]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiwestern View Post
I have made several posts about how op rengar is. I think he is in need of ners, but until that happens, Im wondering if Irelia might be the best counter against him.QUOTE]

Well, he has been nerfed--- but in need of another nerf... Hmm, i don't know...

Anyhow, this works:

If you're a squishy champ without hard cc, you should not engage rengar, especially under circumstances A) near brush, duh B) until at least lv3, (so that you have at least all of your skills, he will too, but his Q spam from brush is his ONLY burst, his early game auto-attk sucks.)

Thing is people, Rengar is EASY to counter, if not armor by armor alone, then don't engage him near brush, but engage when he's trying to last-hit away from brush where, guess what, he has NO BURST or good dmg, outside the damn brush (especially pre-lv6.)

Irelia, smart ranged dps, olaf, jax, wukong, xin zhao, and so many others can rape this wolf at rouhgly lv2, or lv3, provided that they won't stupidly let rengar get an OPEN full-fury Q on them.
Rengar nerfed? Where? here are the facts on rengar after the hotfix and the late september patch

(late september patch)
Rengar

Savagery
Cooldown increased to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds from 6 seconds at all ranks
Battle Roar
Damage reduced to 60/100/140/180/220 from 75/120/165/210/255
Armor and Magic resist bonus reduced to 15/22/29/36/43 from 20/30/40/50/60

(Hotfix)
Rengar

Rengar can no longer speak his VO lines when he is dead
Unseen Predator
After leaping, Rengar will now immediately attack the target if it is a Champion
Jumping between targets is now smoother
Unseen Predator now correctly shows up in death recap
Savagery
Damage increased to 30/60/90/120/150 from 30/55/80/105/130
The attack speed bonus now applies to his first attack after activation
Battle Roar
No longer has a cast time (can be cast while moving)
Ability power ratio reduced to 0.8 from 1
Rengar no longer loses his attack command after using Battle Roar
Bola Strike
Now procs Sheen/Trinity Force/Lich Bane
Thrill of the Hunt
Movement Speed bonus increased to 20/25/30% from 10/15/20%

Where are the nerfs? I see ap rengar losing some dmg and some armor/mr but they never reverted his dmg back from the hotfix for world championship, and no a cd increase is not a nerf for rengar since his basic combo is to 5 ferocity and double Q. As for all the suggestions I see of people saying stay away from the bush. Go play against a rengar who has logged more than 5 games with him. He is glitched at the moment and if you are standing across the lane from the bush he can jump to a minion and immediately jump to you. He has .5~ of a second to perform a second jump leaving a bush. His damage at the moment is beyond outrageous because he can pounce Q-Q before a person can flash due to the recent patches/hotfixes. Just because you can play him doesn't mean he should be immune from a badly needed nerf.

Zaurok

10-08-2012

Pay attention to his stack.
4-5 = Very dangerous
3 = Be cautious as he can W+E to get to 5 and close the gap/fash for Q+Q
0-2 = Harass him if you can

If you harass him, he'll probably burn his empowered on W to heal which in returns prevents him from QQing you. =)