Can someone report you for this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessShin

10-05-2012

Well, started a week and a half ago the game and I haven't had much problems. But last night while starting a match the game suddenly quit on me, don't know why but I started the game again and got in, but I appeared disconnected. I tried again closing the match and going in, I got in but was lvl 1 and the others lvl 5 or so, when someone threatened me to report me for inactivity. I tried to explain I couldn't help it. None the less I kept playing ignoring his/her complaints and threats.

But can that person actually report me for such a thing, even if I managed to catch up i levels?

Artifictional

10-05-2012

IF you got reported, you probably wont get into tribunal
IF a case like this got into tribunal, you will get pardoned

AJStarhiker

10-05-2012

DC's and afk's are handled by LeaverBuster. It's fully automated, so being reported for AFK doesn't really matter. It will also run based on your total games, so if you don't make it a habit of leaving or playing when you know your internet connection is iffy, you shouldn't have a problem.

Now, if he reported for some other reason (ie, intentionally feeding) then it'll go to Tribunal. If that happens, the report will go towards building a case but won't actually get to Tribunal unless you receive a lot of reports. And even then, if you aren't a jerk to other players, odds are you'll be fine.

alaskaneagle

10-05-2012

technically you can report someone for anything or nothing. I wouldn't worry to much about it though. If you are not a jerk most of the time or afk often it's unlikely you'll be banned.

Believe it or not I am not always the nicest person when dealing with people, and I haven't been banned ever.

LegendaryLemur

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
DC's and afk's are handled by LeaverBuster. It's fully automated, so being reported for AFK doesn't really matter.
Is this true? Should i not bother reporting people when they afk/dc?

What about for custom games? Does this mean there is no penalty for quitting a custom game?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLemur View Post
Is this true? Should i not bother reporting people when they afk/dc?

What about for custom games? Does this mean there is no penalty for quitting a custom game?
Leaverbuster doesn't watch custom games (for other reasons), however you can and should report people for leaving custom games. (Tribunal has that option for a reason.)

ACGIFT

10-05-2012

Reporting someone for AFK/leaving a custom game will send a report to the Tribunal; to the best of my knowledge reporting for that reason in normal/co-op games will not. (I'm not sure if sending a report will make LeaverBuster take a closer look at the game in those cases)

As for last night, there were SERIOUS issues with service; I myself had a game completely disband at start as a result. I know some people were given "leave" results or did not get "loss prevented" results when going 1v5, but there were problems all around.

Properly, when LoL has a major, widespread stability issue, you cannot get banned/etc for what happens, and in those cases, (I might be wrong) LeaverBuster is actually turned off entirely until service resumes with full stability.

HeartlessShin

10-05-2012

Well, it was Co-op vs AI intermediate game.

And I don't have that many connection problems, just a few lags at time. The problem here was that the game suddenly quit and it wasn't on my taskbar so I reopened it. And I am not an ass in the game so I guess I can stop worrying. Thanks!