Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twisted Fate Visual Upgrade (Fan created)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEKNOC

10-05-2012

Hello.

I am Bret, a professional 3D artist that works in the video game industry. My latest personal project was a (non-official) visual upgrade for Twisted Fate.

It was a total coincidence that I finished this right around the time that Riot released their official remake of TF.

I wanted to stick close to the original model but obviously push him. The old TF has a really big upper body and actually, if you look at the model... He seems like he would be really beefy. I liked that idea... He was once friends with Graves, and he is a strong dude, so I decided to make TF more of a masculine beefy dude and more "hero-ish" like a graves... but still staying true to his colors and what made TF, TF. :P

Anyways... I hope you enjoy. Feedback is appreciated.

*edit* For you people who know about 3D this model is about 10k triangles. This is a 1024x1024 map used and it is hand painted diffuse only. I baked in some lighting information, but that is about all. Rendered in Marmoset.

Here is a link to my Deviant Art where I have a few other 3D works... I have a Shaco fan creation there as well. http://bretmcnee.deviantart.com/