Suggestion to Compensate "Trollees"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nektralik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I thought of this today, so imagine this: You go into ranked, for some reason, that one guy first picks Evelynn with revive/teleport, and goes mid to feed the towers ALL GAME. Man you're really pissed at him, so poof, everyone in the game reports him afterwards. He goes on the tribunal, gets banned for a while/permabanned, all is good right? No. Why? You still lost that 10-30 ELO from him trolling. You don't get that back. What if you did?

There's the compensation. So what I propose is, if someone on your team gets put on the tribunal and receives any form of punishment due to that game, everyone on your team gets a loss prevented. Simple, easy, fair compensation, in my opinion.

Nektralik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Bump for justice.

Kinvaras666

10-07-2012

Yes, but then when this Evelynn was on the enemy team, you won 10-30 Elo thanks for her trolling, would you agree to lose that Elo again when this Evelynn got banned?

You gotta remember Elo is not an unlimited currency like IP, whenever you lose Elo, someone else wins it, and when you win Elo, someone lose it.

There is a fixed number of Elo, based on how many players play ranked, you don't win your Elo, you take it from someone else.
If you want to win your Elo back for the trolling, then you must as well give your Elo back to maintain the balance.

Ulanopo

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
There is a fixed number of Elo, based on how many players play ranked, you don't win your Elo, you take it from someone else.
If you want to win your Elo back for the trolling, then you must as well give your Elo back to maintain the balance.
I was going to write a post about how Elo is effectively currency that you gamble, but you did it for me.

Mattarias

10-07-2012

You know, I didn't think of ELO that way. Cool. Thanks for that perspective.

On the subject, I'd be way okay to give up ELO to see a troll get banned. Such is the price of justice.

Nektralik

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Yes, but then when this Evelynn was on the enemy team, you won 10-30 Elo thanks for her trolling, would you agree to lose that Elo again when this Evelynn got banned?

You gotta remember Elo is not an unlimited currency like IP, whenever you lose Elo, someone else wins it, and when you win Elo, someone lose it.

Good point, I agree with this.

Sacrafides

10-07-2012

I think that every team game has ups and downs. If you really want to keep your ELO from "trolling downs" maybe you should try to play only when your team is playing. I know that does not allow you to gather as much as ELO as playing everytime you can, but is a possible answer to your problem, with the current system.

The suggestion is quite nice actually, and I don't know in deep how the ELO system actually works. But I can imagine that introducing a new variable, brings plenty of new problems to the system.

If your ELO from that game could be taken or given to you, there is a period of time when your ELO is not your actual ELO. Let's name it "potential ELO". That period of time is the time that the Tribunal takes to reach a conclusion about the repports. I don't actually know how much time that is, but I imagine that does take some time.
Imagine that your ELO is below your "potential ELO" when the seasons regionals are defined. You would most likely prefer that your "potential ELO" was taking to count. But it shouldn't. So you play a lot in the Season, but only the oldest games are taken into account.

Another problem that this new variable in the system may bring is the abuse of the report system. If the defeated team reports all the players of the victorious team, there is a chance that the ELO that they've lost is returned to them. So they have an actual incentive to abuse the report system.

And taking to consider that all the decision of the tribunal are in some way subjective, there is another posible problem. When I say subjective, I mean that two people could have different opinions on the same Case; so a person could absolve a Summoner and other could Punish him, based on the same facts. Given that so, there is the posibility that one team could be wrongfully receive thir ELO back.

Taking this last two possible problems, is only expectable that The Tribunal gets way more reports than today. So they get a lot of work, and therefore the time that they need to resolve a Case is longer. So the lapse of time that the "potential Elo" exist is longer, each day.-

As I said at start, there are some ups and downs in this kind of team-playing games. The best we can do is to gather a group of trustable friends. And try to play the most of the time with people we know.
That also makes our community -LoL community- stronger, and therefore- better.

Great suggestion by the way! I've made a post that includes some of my suggesitons to the tribunal system. Please stop by, and comment!

Thanks

TeddyTeemo

10-07-2012

Since the enemy team won they don't loss elo and everyone is happy.

Ranked solo is actually encouraged by Riot. So I don't see why your elo goes down for one person who intentionally feeds, goes afk / leaves the game.

It's just unfair. A lost prevented should be placed.

I am confident I can do ranks but the issue with trolls in solo rank is just too much for me to handle... I really want to just play this game and enjoy it so I now only do normal. Sometimes the amount of trolls from normal leads me to just ending up playing against bots instead so I don't have to have to deal with other player's childish behaviours.