Review my max time punishment tribunal case :D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dako

10-04-2012

So, enclosed for your viewing pleasure are six reports across TWO games, for which I received a two week suspension

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5742253/#nogo

My view -

Game 1: I played syndra pretty constantly for a couple days after she came out. This was when she still had a 28% win rate, and was pretty much a horrible champion, but I thought she was a blast. This game, I tried her out as a bot laner with a cait.

Let me make something very clear, and maybe this is just my belief, but it is not illegal or not part of the summoners code to deviate from the current meta. This game, I originally went as a support, rushing a chalice and a couple wards, and then deciding that I would be better off if I roamed. This did not work well I'll admit.

Reasons for reporting:

1. "shes bad"
2. "she stole cs"
3. "she fed"

is all I got. At no point did I intentionally feed. "Stealing" cs, even if it was intentional, is not reportable. And "shes bad" is just silly. I made a few cheap shots at teammates that were failing (such as the 110 cs in 40 minutes autolock mid teemo), but I was frustrated as all hell, and it isn't like I spammed rage everywhere.

Game 2: I carried this game. Hard. I was having to coach the ryze on a build during the whole game, tell kog to actually autoattack turrets to poke, and explain to a KENNEN that I wasn't required to give him blue, especially when I was snowballing so hard. I QQed at the nunu for not leashing for me (no one did), and he ignored me immediately, then decided to complain when I couldn't coordinate ganks with his lane.

All the while, a kog'maw is spamming "gg" because he thought we lost (because his lane lost badly), everyone is raging at each other, someone threw out a "omg first time rengar", and people are just in general failing all around, so I put everyone on my shoulders.

No reasons were given for reports.

..and that's about it. You can't expect to 2 week ban everyone that throws a "my team sucks" in all chat.

SimplyAlive

10-04-2012

I would review your attitude, to be honest.

If you truly do not understand how your attitude was a cause for a suspension, I will be glad to explain it based on the information given to me by your case.

Magus Crow

10-04-2012

Rengar[00:03:49] :i wasnt ganking for you anyway
Rengar[00:07:34] :we arent going to make it to late game
Rengar[00:12:52] :ryze youre making this awfully hard for me to carry
Rengar [All][00:21:09] :how do i make my team better
Rengar [All][00:29:37] :how do i make my team better
Rengar [All][00:33:42] :how the **** are they so bad
Rengar[00:34:04] :combined 4-23
Rengar[00:48:27] :TEAM SO HEAVY

Well gee that looks pretty negative to me. Let's check the other shall we?

Syndra[00:09:57] :its over
Syndra[00:13:22] :theres nothing you can do period
Syndra[00:13:24] :the lane is gone
Syndra[00:15:19] :noc too busy feeding top
Syndra[00:21:49] :GO YOU ****S (psst... some people will hit punish for this alone)
Syndra [All][00:38:05] :desperate newbies

And that doesnt even take into consideration the sarcastic badgering of Teemo, Cait or Nocturne you spewed out all game long.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dako View Post

..and that's about it. You can't expect to 2 week ban everyone that throws a "my team sucks" in all chat.
Is that seriously all you think you said?

Go back and read your own chat.

Gonzodamus

10-04-2012

Yeah, consider not dropping the "c**t" into chat like, ever. There's no need for it.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

On top of everything else, you drop this bomb in game 1:

Quote:
Syndra[00:21:49] :GO YOU *****
Yeah, I would have voted punish.

Drevark

10-04-2012

Dako, if you truly believe you were wrongly suspended, send a support ticket. Tribunal is like a language bot, if you said something mean that was enough. They have no ability to quander why you said what, and they simply cannot imagine how someone can rightfully say any mean word. You just have to keep on playin knowing tribunal has all these lobotomized beings judging cases.(over 500,000 cases every day)

DivePalau

10-05-2012

Yep. When I see racial slurs or words like Syndra[00:21:49] :GO YOU ****S Its an auto punish.

There's never a need for that, regardless of how young you are...

SimplyAlive

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevark View Post
Dako, if you truly believe you were wrongly suspended, send a support ticket. Tribunal is like a language bot, if you said something mean that was enough. They have no ability to quander why you said what, and they simply cannot imagine how someone can rightfully say any mean word. You just have to keep on playin knowing tribunal has all these lobotomized beings judging cases.(over 500,000 cases every day)
Yeah, keep trying to justify your behaviour by condemning the people who judged you. It will make your inevitable permaban that much sweeter.

I advice you to take an honest look at your own behaviour and adjust it before it is too late. Don't let your own ego be the cause of the loss of possible investment and time.

dako

10-05-2012

Too late? The issue with all this is that I simply do not care about bans on this game. Levelling from 1-30 is the only part of this game i find enjoyable anyways, getting banned just means "go play another one".

The community places way too much emphasis on the sake of "political correctness" and "being nice to random internet people" rather than getting better at the game and knowing what you're doing. It why pretty much everyone considers LoL to be a casual-oriented game. I don't go to pharmacy school from 7AM to 8PM 5 days a week to come home, play LoL and have to deal with a 100 cs ap mid autolock teemo at 40 minutes at 1500 elo. Yet, that isn't bannable. But offensive ggs are. Using the dreaded "c-word" once in a thousand games is.

There are two fundamental issues I see with tribunal:

1. Context is never considered. The chat may be filled with spammers and 13 year olds having a ragefest, but since it highlights the person being reviewed in question, 99% of people will automatically skim to the purple chat and see something they consider "bad", and hit report. If you actually go back and disregard the color of my text, i was probably about the 3rd "meanest" person talking. Whether or not it deserved a ban, those people probably didn't get reported. Why? Because people lose their lanes at low elo solely because of the jungler, then they gang up on the jungler and piss everyone off. I would -love- to see a meta-analysis of what roles get banned / reported most.

2. The same users that can review bans are the ones that may be in the tribunal themselves. This is like asking convicts to also be judges of other convicts cases in a courtroom. This is why jury duty asks you if you've been convicted of a felony and considers you ineligible. You simply cannot let tribunal be an open system. I'll let you in on a little secret, the 2-4% that Riot quotes as being the small percentage of people that make it to tribunal comes from their total created accounts, not the number of active ones.

The number of active accounts compared to total created rivals that of only WoW, which has a huge ratio of inactive:active accounts (I think its 15:1 at this point). How many people created a LoL account, played one or two games, and got bored? Or didn't play at all? Probably a very high majority.

Theory of causes:

1. LoL is a very simple game (at least as a core model, 6 buttons total are required to play a full game), and thus automatically caters to younger players.

1a. Illusion of power. Younger people in their identity crises crave control of every part of their life (this is not a debatable point - it is fact). The possibility that they could possibly be a factor in punishing that mean rengar is far greater than the risk of near-zero repercussions. If someone wasn't nice to you or you didn't like them, why wouldn't you report them?

2. Incentive to participate in tribunal for reasons other than "helping the community". Let's face it, people are lazy. Very few people in this world give a **** about their local community, much less a group of online people they've never met. Reddit has shown that imaginary internet points for the sake of being popular (and none other) is a very strong motivator among... wait for it... young people. Thousands of studies have shown that there is no such thing as "true altruism", people will only do an action if their perceived benefit outweighs the cost. People are always getting something out of doing something "for the sake of the community".

As proof, I'm fully expecting a slew of precious downvotes for this post, as a non-popular opinion will always get you attacked on an anonymous internet forum.