Petition - Summoners for the removal of Tribunal

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Which facts? All I see are assumptions and opinions filled with bias
All I see is another person ranting against the system, shortly after receiving a disciplinary action himself.

It has been done many, many times before...
If the system was always so flawed, why did it take you until your warning to make this thread?

Also, the claim that 'LoL will die due to the Tribunal' has been around for 1,5 years now. I don't see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoB0b View Post
Truth is, the tribunal works. If you get a ban, you PROBABLY deserved it. There are a few cases that slip through the cracks, but it happens. Perfection would be impossible.
This.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NecroticBinder

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
The Tribunal in League of Legends is flawed and needs to be removed. 12 year old kids and social degenerate adults regularly abuse the Tribunal to receive a feeling of authority and power over people. Most are not qualified to vote on other players' behavior.
This is not true. It's just an unfounded assumption designed to attract attention without any real substance. So your little petition is already flawed for using false facts.

Quote:
Look at the Tribunal forums on the League of Legends website. It is flooded with threads complaining about unfair outcomes with titles such as "banned for no reason" and "false player reports get me suspended." Players have begun using the report feature as a weapon against people. Trolls will report YOU just to further their troll. It has become such a problem that Riot Games has claimed to crack down on false reporting. This is not true, because the Tribunal has not followed up with this claim.
And these people are WRONG. I understand that confirmation bias is hard to fight but at least do a little research. Those threads 99/100 times have a player who even the forum agrees deserve to be banned.

Quote:
People in the Tribunal just vote to punish without actually thinking about it. You have to walk on egg shells while playing this game. One wrong word, and you are reported. Then if that report makes it to the Tribunal, regardless of whether or not it is at all valid, you will most likely be punished. That isn't what the system was made for. This just makes the game not fun to play. There's a difference between trying to keep the game clean and coddling to overly sensitive babies. The Tribunal is clearly not working and it needs to be removed immediately.
Again, more bull**** you made up to try and justify your argument. Some people may do that, the problem is that the tribunal is TOO lenient so the 'overly sensitive babies' (That'd be you) don't actually have much influence on the tribunal.

Sign the petition! So that way NOTHING will happen.

Are you part of the GOP? They seem to have the same motto as you. "We will not let fact checkers run out campaign."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzodamus View Post
This is the bit I really got a kick out of. Seriously, read the threads you're talking about - almost every single one of them is an obvious deserved ban.

If you really want to compare to our actual justice system, how many people are in jail right now would post the same kind of "I'm innocent" or "There were mitigating circumstances!" threads?
This. And who else would "flood" to the Tribunal forums? People who want to say "Thanks Tribunal, I was wrong and you punished me rightfully and I'll try to improve"? Those people don't post that.

Consider that every day there are about ~10 threads claiming wrongful punishment. Between 9 and 10 of them were rightful bans and that person is confused or deluded. And that's out of ~10,000 Tribunal cases that day. Where's the broken system indicator there?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kittyrina

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
As someone with a bachelor's degree in criminology, I find the Tribunal method of "justice" offensive.
Hahaha... this is a good one. You'd think someone who supposedly has a degree in criminology would be better at doing research.

"Look at the titles of the posts in here! People complain about their bans!" ... try reading the threads and see just how many of them get shot down once they post their report card clearly showing their poor behaviour.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverraptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Good luck with your petition and its 1 signature. And also good luck getting enough people to sign it from the 0.1% of the people who were banned to out number the 99.9% of actual players in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
That's actually not true. There was a thread in this forum awhile back where someone took 5,000 random Tribunal cases and ran statistical analysis on it. They found that punishment was decided in around 70% of the case. That's a higher conviction rate than real life juries!
I'm curious where you get that statistic. Most of the surveys I've seen put jury conviction rates at about 80%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

An Troll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
See the thing is, I wasn't even punished. I've never been banned and have never been suspended. Nothing has even happened to me from a disciplinary standpoint that would affect my account in the slightest. If the email about the case had gone to my spam folder or something, I never would have known anything happened. This pretty much disproves your theory that I'm just "butthurt" over my own case.

What's driven me is the injustice and obvious flaws in the system. As someone with a bachelor's degree in criminology, I find the Tribunal method of "justice" offensive. It is regularly abused by trolls and kids who just want a feeling of power. It is ruining the game, it makes it not fun, and it NEEDS to be addressed or it will only get worse and worse over time. I like League of Legends. I don't want it to die. But it is going to eventually and more than likely, the broken Tribunal will be the reason.

Why blindly defend an obviously flawed system? Do you not want to improve the game? Instead of writing someone's opinions off, you should actually look at facts.
Who, exactly, do you think it is that reads and posts on these forums most?

Your posts are the equivalent of some scrawny little guy who just dropped the soap in the prison shower giving a speech on the immorality of rape to the gang of large burly men gathering behind him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObsidianNight

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
That's actually not true. There was a thread in this forum awhile back where someone took 5,000 random Tribunal cases and ran statistical analysis on it. They found that punishment was decided in around 70% of the case. That's a higher conviction rate than real life juries!
You do realize why right, its because before the cases get to the tribunal they are reviewed and then get sent. In theory every case that is sent to the tribunal RIOT sees something in it that is punishable. I TRY to find cases to pardon every day, and it is seriously hard to. With most of the cases I see, I'm honestly surprised that percentage isn't higher, and the only reason it isn't is because most likely a lot of people base their decisions on one case one way or the other. So if case one isn't punishable they hit pardon.


12