Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Small new Twisted Fate feedback from TF main.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razy6trix

10-05-2012

I can deal with the ground-star patterns for red and gold card being gone (mostly, Red one is completely different), but what I cannot deal with is the new sound effects.

I mean, this was a visual upgrade... not a sound upgrade. Gold card sounds like Kat's new E, Blue card throw sounds like Zyra's plant shooting a dart. Red card is average at best and stacked deck + wild cards metal-slicing sound is just off.

I recognize that the new gold card animation wouldn't fit with the old sound... but if we can't have it back, can we at least have something different? It really sounds like Kat's E... and that pisses me off.

I'm sure many more people will notice the similarities... Personally I loved the old gold card sound, both the throw and the glorious impact. It is one of the things that defined TF imho.

Those are the only things that annoy me... other than the small wild cards animation and the kinda tall model (both of which im sure will get fixed soon), it's a good change.

Tl;dr: Please bring back the old sounds for PaC (or at least the gold card one). either that or get better ones... the current ones seem rather recycled.

Razy6trix

10-05-2012

To add something, I like the golden shade effect when someone gets stunned, but is that really noticeable in teamfights? I can think of lux and leona's passive doing something similar. there are probably more... what I mean is, it isn't something that really stands out.

the old red and yellow ground-stars (when red and gold card hit a target, respectively), looked very fitting for a card theme, now he's all modern with special effects and stuff.

Razy6trix

10-05-2012

Summing up the issues:

-Gold card / blue card sounds seem recycled and didn't need to be updated. PLEASE
-Gold card stun animation doesn't seem to be really noticeable in teamfights. It's just a random glow.

-Wild cards are too small (I'm sure it'll get fixed)
-TF's model is too tall.
-TF's skin should be 100% pale (according to lore AFAIK, and that's how he always was)
-His taunt was removed.

Rivayne

10-05-2012

I like the new sounds better

DarkParade

10-05-2012

the wild card animation needs to be scaled back up to its old size because its hitting in a larger area than the card animation shows

Albireo

10-05-2012

Quote:
Personally I loved the old gold card sound, both the throw and the glorious impact. It is one of the things that defined TF imho.

I know, it doesn't feel responsive at all, beside the micro wild cards that exactly what actually bugs me out

zomgnowai

10-05-2012

Quote:
Albireo:
I know, it doesn't feel responsive at all, beside the micro wild cards that exactly what actually bugs me out

i dont know if it was intentionally made smaller, to cast people away from AP tf or if it was accidental OR if it was made to put more skill into just mashing Q every 3 seconds and getting penta's all willy-nilly...

and i noticed the metal sounds too. last i checked, 2.5 as card throwing wasnt supposed to sound more gun-like than cait or graves...

Tenmar

10-05-2012

I do have to agree, visually it is nice but that SOUND is just critical knowing WHEN the stun starts out.

RoboticArtificer

10-05-2012

They need to put back "the house always wins."

Raven Guy

10-05-2012

Speaking of audio changes, his taunt is no longer "The house always win." This is a catastrophic change that I believe will negatively impact game play in a serious way.