Garen...I hate you

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X Buster Cannon

10-05-2012

Ok so it seems to me that Garen has recently become the most popular champ ever. And it just so happens that when people play him, they do extraordinarily well.
I'm not starting a "He's OP rant" because that would be pointless and a waste to everyone's time. No, I am just simple looking for some help.

Aside from madreds bloodrazors and teemo. What are some decent ways to stop garen in his tracks.

It seems to me that he pretty much puts all bursters in their place. he also has so much health and armor that its hard for an adc to kill him. Everyone tells me not to focus him, but yet everytime, Garen is the one getting triple kills.

So is my only option to run away? lol

TheBlackHorseman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Running away isn't that good of an option because of his speed boost. You need some kind of stun or knock back. Jayce should be able to take him down easily 1v1, like he does to most. I can see where your idea with Teemo is going, but Judgement is what usually is the most damaging, coupled with his ultimate. If I remember, magic damage does well against him, so you are going to need some magic penetration, and some good harass so he can't get his passive going. He's tricky, but can be easy to make him slip up if you have the right champion.

Teemo has a lower range than most, so I'm thinking Caitlyn would do well against garren, as well as Kayle. I think Trynd played right can also do well, but much more dangerous than most.

The Lolomancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Garen is most easily countered by kiting him. Champions like Kayle, Vlad and Teemo are great laners vs Garen. Champions like Caitlyn, Vayne and Ezreal once you get your phage (since you did mention adcs) are great at keeping him at bay. There are definitely some champs who can fight him in melee range without a gold advantage (riven, fiora, rengar, warwick) but these strategies are far more risky and complicated.

xerxeswolf

10-05-2012

I main garen and from what i can tell do not push ur lane what ever you do cause garen is the best lane freezer and u cant get cs. Jayce is ok but i do great against him anyway,but so far a random solo top urgot always gets me its very hard to deal with the range and sheild and at lvl 6 u cant run when there is a jungler.
Hoped this helped

Resolute Riven

10-05-2012

Most popular champ is Teemo in Normals, and Ezreal in Ranked

X Buster Cannon

10-05-2012

Ok, thanks guys I'm just annoyed by garens all over the place. Literally A frozen Mallet and Infinity Edge , and you can destroy any squishy. It really sucks for people like me who feel its best to shut him down, but people ignore until its too late.

Epictues

10-05-2012

Garen is a counter pick, too many champs completely dominate him top lane to be picked as a standard pick.

his damage is nothing special; but he combines a decent combination of damage and tankyness. If you face a Garen, look at his build, if he concentrates on tanky items, dont focus his, if he concentrates on damage items, then he can be up on your focus list.

Rykaal

10-05-2012

Whenever I see Garen going top against us. I usually bring Urgot, one of the strongest early game pokers in the game with his Q. Keeps Garen's passive down, and he is rather durable compared to most ranged.
Also his ult is perfect for setting up ganks with your jungler.
Just don't first pick him, Urgot is easily countered, but at the same time he easily counters.

Soramaru

10-05-2012

Miss the times when Garen was one of the few bruisers in the game and everyone called him op.
Also the Sunfire stacking.

Invictrix

10-05-2012

I lost to a gangplank the other day. Sion is also pretty good vs Garen as well. There is also Garen's archenemy Urgot to consider.