Dominion changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakoyakiGunso

11-12-2012

Crystal Scar
Reduced passive mana regeneration
Increased mana gained from Health Relics
Changed windmill rotation speed so gears no longer clip

Other than our addition of torch and witchcap for APs looks like we're getting a reduced mana from our aura, anyone have any guesses on how much of a reduction?

FOODFOOD

11-12-2012

This is probably aimed at making bruisers like Darius/Jayce/Jax go from essentially "manaless" to actually thinking about their purchases and spell usage. I'm guessing they were waiting until the items could go out before making this change.

Carolina Blues

11-12-2012

If they keep buffing Hextech Sweeper I'm gonna have to start getting it on AD champs. Everytime they add/remove a amp tome from the recipe it seems to get more powerful. 10% more movespeed Teemos go go!

EDIT: Ok I didn't even notice the loss of on hit vision, too hard to keep up with all it's tooltips. It'll defintely help when the active isn't available for jungle chases or stealth users.

TakoyakiGunso

11-12-2012

I consider sweeper getting nerfed in this case, because it's losing the on-hit from spells to reveal enemies. But I guess it is getting a movement speed increase, increased ap, and still keeps it's active portion for reveal in brushes or keep stealth champions from disappearing.

DiscworldDeath

11-12-2012

Jax is never really mana-less till late game on Dominion. Darius is mana conscious around levels 5-9 as is.
Xin Zhao can run OOM even later on.

Poor Jarvan I always run OOM on him, but I don't play him much.

I wonder how big the change is, down to 1.5% per 1% missing, like on TT? Really wish the patch notes had the actual numbers.

konfetarius

11-12-2012

Yes, actual numbers needed. Riotnome, where are you.

hinderlopen

11-12-2012

I usually build mana/regen on ap's since i already go oom pretty often, as long as you build a chalice or flat mana early the change is only going to matter in bot lane. So the aura change won't do that much, and the health relic buff is only to compensate for the loss of mana from the aura...all that's left is the windmill rotation speed. That windmill rotation speed must matter quite a bit in deciding the outcome of games.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I'm surprised they didn't give exact numbers, kind of disappointing....

FDru

11-12-2012

K they really need to remove the health relic from bot if they're going to increase mana gained from them. Bot lane just got a lot more stupid with the problem champs like AD Malz and Yorick who just feed off of the free sustain.

DiscworldDeath

11-12-2012

BTW, check the new red posts.

1. Revive going to get tooled to become more viable on all game modes
2. "Finally, we’ll be removing both Promote and Surge. We’re creating an item with an effect like Promote since it makes sense as a strategic option,"
Potentially new bot laner mandatory items - non pushers can get this to help push back, pushers who get this against non-pushers who don't get this will push even harder. Bot lane switching might be affected too - might be even more of a pain to switch against this item, and it might not be too useful top.

Assuming the item even makes it to Dominion, that is.