Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonpartyfan0

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
@lemon

By "sheep" I mean people who think Ezreal is OP without getting the facts down like what Morello said or who don't even know the buffs he received exist. If anything I think he should be reverted to what he was before PFE, but I don't think it's necessary for balance so much as just getting people to shut the **** up about him.
I can't argue with your definition of sheep. I would like him nerfed so he isn't played so much. I have seen him in every game I have played recently, and every game of the tournament. (Banned or played is what I mean)

Oh look, he just got picked again XD

X74

10-05-2012

However, there is a difference between popularity and OP. Nerfing a champion just so people don't play him as much doesn't sound right to you, does it? There are plenty of ways to abuse or corrupt that methodology. All that accomplishes in the longrun is pissing people off and if it's dragged out to extremes, making a champion unusable. Take the Twitch rework for example: his nerf was so sudden and extreme, which really pissed off the people who managed to master him despite the fact that he was squishy as hell and easy as anything to kill if you get anywhere close to him, but because of the fact that he had a long stealth he was still regarded as a well rounded and feared champion and was the epitome of an assassin due to having hard hitting attacks, even though he was easy to counter with good positioning.

lemonpartyfan0

10-05-2012

Quote:
However, there is a difference between popularity and OP. Nerfing a champion just so people don't play him as much doesn't sound right to you, does it? There are plenty of ways to abuse that methodology. All that accomplishes in the longrun is pissing people off and if it's dragged out to extremes, making a champion unusable. Take the Twitch rework for example: his nerf was so sudden and extreme, which really pissed off the people who managed to master him despite the fact that he was squishy as hell and easy as anything to kill if you get anywhere close to him, but because of the fact that he had a long stealth he was still regarded as a well rounded champion and was the epitome of an assassin due to having hard hitting attacks.
I just see the correlation of have a >55% win rate, and one of the highest play rates in the game. Plus either being picked or banned in every game in this tournament. I know its a selfish request because I am tired of seeing him, but those other arguing points aren't as selfish.

I just hope the do a good job and don't over nerf.

The twitch deal was different. He wasn't the most played with the highest win rate for the record. I feel they could fix some QoL things on Twitch and do fine. I like the way he works much better. But thats just my opinion of course.

X74

10-05-2012

Another perspective to take is that people say the problems they see or hear, but offer no solutions, which means 1 of 3 things:

1. They were outplayed and can't see their arguments as being rational because even they know, even in denial, that they are wrong and simply state: "They are OP" and proceed to regurgitate.

2. What they are saying is also something somebody else said and what that somebody else said is something somebody else said and so on into oblivion, without any clue as to how what that person said is relevant, but take their word for it.

3. There is no way to "balance" the champion without disastrous results. And in which case if there is, they should state the balance they would like, but that hasn't happened yet.

In any case, most of these threads are a statement with continuous question dodging. They state the problems without stating how they are problems and how the problem can be fixed because they either know their fix is a bad idea or just can't truly see it as a game-breaking problem. It's always "too much utility" or "too much mobility" or "too much damage" or "the on-hit effects are too effective". People say the high win rate is a problem, but fail to see ingame how Ezreal is the one causing all those wins.

Does he really have that much global presence besides his ult? No.
Does he deal over-the-top amounts of damage? No, but it's decent, admittedly.
Is his escape annoying? Yes.
Is the escape what is causing you to lose the game? No.
Is his poke strong? Yes.
Is it easily dodged due to the fact that they require aim with no lock-on? Yes.
Are the on-hit effects really that overbearing? No, but they do work because on-hit effects should probably make a difference.
Does he die quickly? Yes.

In which case, I don't see how even with statistics to back up how supposedly OP he is, he is in any way a game-winning champion besides if his ult manages to wipe out the majority of an enemy team mid-fight which would be their fault entirely. He's like Teemo or Ashe; they're both just annoying; they run left and right while shooting at you and all have easy ways of escaping while still not having phenomenal amounts of damage, and at least if they do have a lot of damage, they won't have much defense to stay alive very long in any sort of fight unless they are as far away as possible from the fight while still being able to attack.

If people think a champion is OP, they should at least be able to back it up with things that they have seen and then evaluate to themselves: Is this an OP quality, and does it truly ruin the game for me, or is it just annoying? It's come to the point where people are blaming specific champions for their own losses when said champion on the enemy team truly does almost nothing outstanding or game-changing. But they'll do it, because they need someone to blame, and who else but the easy target that's already taking all of the fire? You could see an Amumu or any other champion for that matter, just crushing your team, and at the end of the game blame the enemy Ezreal for the loss despite the fact that he did a mediocre job at best. And what is that win to Ezreal's statistics? One more win to chalk up on his win percentage that he didn't even fully influence. It's always "lucky you guys had Ezreal" or "lucky you guys had Darius" or "lucky you guys had Shen", or something of that nature, but what do they do most of the time besides just being there to pick up a few last hits with their ults or be tanky and hard to kill, but not getting many kills? Nearly nothing but exist or throw in a few hard hits. It's ridiculous, and one day I hope we can all see how ridiculous we've been acting.

Exoditus

10-05-2012

The champions that are getting played and banned so much, I guarantee you that Riot will be looking long and hard at them. Rather you like it or not, these guys play the best of the best at the given role PERIOD

So if Sona, Ezreal, Jayce and others, continue to keep getting banned and picked, that should give you an indication of how strong those champions are.

And someone said counter Ezreal? In a couple games they first picked him. Not really a counter to him.

Dygax37

10-05-2012

OP dont worry ur being flamed by garbo kids who are trying to ezreal or something like AP eve to hit silver. Dont feel bad the champ ur complaining about is being picked every game in the world finals.

X74

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dygax37 View Post
OP dont worry ur being flamed by garbo kids who are trying to ezreal or something like AP eve to hit silver. Dont feel bad the champ ur complaining about is being picked every game in the world finals.

I can barely interpret anything you just said, but one thing's for sure. You're an idiot.

Dygax37

10-05-2012

Quote:
I can barely interpret anything you just said, but one thing's for sure. You're an idiot.

Then get smarter, its not hard ******. What I am saying is clear you are just looking for a reason to *****.

X74

10-05-2012

Okay.

Dygax37

10-05-2012

The champion you are arguing for is not outplaying people but his kit is casuing people to lose games. The mobility means no matter how badly I beat the **** out of top he will still have the blink+flash to escape me and probably drop an ult through our team during fights. People say his lategame is awful but most of the lategame is sitting under a turret poking until the time is right to push (or defend).
Ezreal excels at poking and they move quite fast so not everyone will be able to dodge it.
The fact that he is repeatedly getting fed amongst players with closely related skill levels means there is a problem and it is obviously a strong champion.

We cannot say hes really outplaying people because it is easy for it to look like that. Same as katarina using shunpo to dodge a skillshot. Ez just has a very strong kit. So if riot wants to sit back and watch them "skill" their way to the top of every tournament id feel pretty sad.