Fake Reports Results In Warning - Appeal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urgit

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
Oh. Well then fair enough. I was trying to draw the comparison to how real life courts work because it is clearly a far superior system than the Tribunal, and the Tribunal should be modeled as closely after real life as possible, at least imo.
I disagree. Anything that gets rid of more idiots is only a good thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralael View Post
Isn't valid in this case, since we can't report for multiple offense.

You're toxic. Please reform.
I'm not toxic. I win games for my team. I'm among the best players on this game, and play regularly with pros. People don't like getting owned, so they report me. Oftentimes, the reports are completely made up (as the one claiming I was racist against jews was) and many times the reports are just left blank because they clearly have no bearing in reality at all, the person was just mad I stomped them.

Why are good players punished on this game for being too good?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
Actually that is not true. You have to be formally charged to be convicted of a crime. This is why prosecutors will often charge people with multiple similar crimes such as charging for both murder and manslaughter, in case the jury finds there isn't enough evidence for murder, they can still come back with a conviction for manslaughter. They can't, however, just make up some random crime and find you guilty of it. You are only on trial for a specific crime.

Source: I have a Bachelor's Degree in Criminology.
Which does not apply to the Tribunal. Riot's rules apply here.

Quote:
I'm not toxic. I win games for my team. I'm among the best players on this game, and play regularly with pros. People don't like getting owned, so they report me. Oftentimes, the reports are completely made up (as the one claiming I was racist against jews was) and many times the reports are just left blank because they clearly have no bearing in reality at all, the person was just mad I stomped them.

Why are good players punished on this game for being too good?
Your ego...is it truly that big?
You are not punished for 'being one of the best players on this game'.

I know that explanation sounds good to you because it re´nforces your ego, but it clouds your objective judgment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
Which does not apply to the Tribunal. Riot's rules apply here.
Clearly not as Riot has stated they are trying to crack down on false reports. Being reported for racism against Jewish people when I never said a word about Jewish people would classify as a false report. Therefore, if they are trying to crack down on false reports, these reports should not result in a punishment. They should be pardoned and then the false reporter be punished. :]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
Clearly not as Riot has stated they are trying to crack down on false reports. Being reported for racism against Jewish people when I never said a word about Jewish people would classify as a false report. Therefore, if they are trying to crack down on false reports, these reports should not result in a punishment. They should be pardoned and then the false reporter be punished. :]
But the other reports in that match were valid. Until Riot gives us a way to individually flag false reports, we are still meant to punish.
Your attitude and sense of grandeur are what is getting you in trouble.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
But the other reports in that match were valid. Until Riot gives us a way to individually flag false reports, we are still meant to punish.
Your attitude and sense of grandeur are what is getting you in trouble.
What do you mean, the other reports said the same thing. There were two reports by the enemy team for "racism against Jews." Neither are valid if you look at the chat log.

Then I was reported by a teammate with no reason given. I wonder if that could have been Nasus, the guy who decided to start intentionally feeding the enemy team halfway through the game. Once again, look at the chat and you will see I call him out on this and told him I'm going to report him if he doesn't stop. So then he simply just counter-reported me. How is THAT a "valid" report?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
What do you mean, the other reports said the same thing. There were two reports by the enemy team for "racism against Jews." Neither are valid if you look at the chat log.

Then I was reported by a teammate with no reason given. I wonder if that could have been Nasus, the guy who decided to start intentionally feeding the enemy team halfway through the game. Once again, look at the chat and you will see I call him out on this and told him I'm going to report him if he doesn't stop. So then he simply just counter-reported me. How is THAT a "valid" report?
If you hadn't realized, we have to judge a case based on the entire case, not individual cases. Your entire case warranted some sort of punishment.

And I could see valid reasons to report you in match 1. The reports of the opponents were false indeed, but the reports of the own team could be very valid. I suggest you to take a honest look at your behaviour there.
Hint: Telling the enemy team about how much your teams sucked isn't helping your case.

Also, Riot has other measurements to determine who report falsely and who don't. They stated that in the recent Report Abuse ban spree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

Member

10-05-2012

A feeder who counter-reports you is not a valid reason.

And yes I know it looks at the case as a whole, but that's the thing. The reports in EVERY incident were false.

Since you have admitted the reports in case 1 are false, move on to the next case then. Master Yi, Diana, and Rengar insult me all game. They say I suck ****, call me a noob, drop f bombs, call me a b****, and blame me for their deaths. I do not rage back at them. Better yet, I went 4/1/14 so it wasn't as if I was doing horribly and they had a point. They didn't. Are these valid reports or are they also false reports filed out of rage?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Stop nitpicking and take a look at your behaviour.

2 out of 4 reports in match 1 were valid. This match would be a punish for me due to your behaviour.
Match 2 weret invalid reports. This match alone would be a pardon for me. Mind you, your behaviour was questionable, but not bad enough to warrant punishment.
Match 3 were somewhat invalid, but your cockiness could count as 'bad sportmanship'
Match 4 was pretty bad on your part. Reports entirely valid. Punish
Match 5 was pretty bad on your behalf as well. You claim Teemo wasn't co-operating, but neither were you and your duoqueue partner.
Being a duoqueue does not automatically gives you the lanes you want. Case of bad communication within the team.

Do not think too highly of yourself. It colours your behaviour very negatively.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gonzodamus

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
A feeder who counter-reports you is not a valid reason.

And yes I know it looks at the case as a whole, but that's the thing. The reports in EVERY incident were false.

Since you have admitted the reports in case 1 are false, move on to the next case then. Master Yi, Diana, and Rengar insult me all game. They say I suck ****, call me a noob, drop f bombs, call me a b****, and blame me for their deaths. I do not rage back at them. Better yet, I went 4/1/14 so it wasn't as if I was doing horribly and they had a point. They didn't. Are these valid reports or are they also false reports filed out of rage?
First off, it doesn't matter if the reports themselves are false as long as your in-game behavior warrants a punishment. In game one you had a negative attitude and taunted the rest of your team. In game three you taunted your opponents and belittled them. Consider that these are areas you need to clean up in the future. This is why you were warned - to clean up your act.

Second, we cannot check post-game chat so we have no way of knowing whether the antisemitic accusations are true. I'm going to assume that they aren't, but there's no way for us to tell.