How could I get better at this game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truelich

06-21-2014

I just started today, and shortly after adjusting to it, I realized I'm terrible at Leauge. Haha. I've read a little bit, but all I'm really seeing is "Last Hitting" which I don't know what that is. I don't understand lane roles, what champ is good for what, etc.. I'm using Master Yi at the moment until I can afford to unlock Talon, who seems really good to me. I want to be a ADC, or whatever it is. A person who gets a lot of kills. I'm accustomed to WoW PvP, where I ganked, and was really good (not trying to brag). I played a Rogue, if that helps. What can I do to better myself in LoL, and what approach should I take? Feel free to add me in game also. Thanks!

Matthias9119

06-21-2014

If you want something Rogue-like you either want an "Assassin" (high burst damage and mobility) or a "Fighter" (high sustained melee damage, sometimes called a "melee carry").

An ADC or "marksman" is closer to a Hunter in WoW - high sustained physical damage at range. But they're generally fragile and have a weak early game.

"Last Hitting" means actually striking the killing blow on a lane minion. If you don't actually strike the killing blow yourself you don't get any gold for the minion dying.

ll Balance ll

06-22-2014

You can friend me if you want we can go over basic mechanics in game and I can show you the ropes.

IamTitan21

06-22-2014

Practice, practice, and practice.

LuciferDaFallen

06-23-2014

Try playing all the roles and a multitude of champions. Make some friends to play with, as every game is more fun with others . Just remember to have fun, and last hit.

Tyrlaf

06-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias9119 View Post
If you want something Rogue-like you either want an "Assassin" (high burst damage and mobility) or a "Fighter" (high sustained melee damage, sometimes called a "melee carry").

An ADC or "marksman" is closer to a Hunter in WoW - high sustained physical damage at range. But they're generally fragile and have a weak early game.

"Last Hitting" means actually striking the killing blow on a lane minion. If you don't actually strike the killing blow yourself you don't get any gold for the minion dying.
Wow! Good explanation while still relating to op's WoW example! +1'd!

Nurse Bunny

06-23-2014

Sound to me like you want to do everything in league haha. "Last Hitting" is just getting the last hit on minions to get the gold. You're playing Yi, top or jungle? Cause you could probably play him jungle if ganking in WoW is anything like league (I don't play it so I don't know). If you want to ADC, as the meta sees it, then Talon isn't who you want. People like Ashe, MF, Vayne, Caitlyn, Varus and Tristana are ADCs. Talon is an assassin like: Zed, Akali, Katarina. As Lucifer said, try and learn all of the rolls. That's how you really get good. If you can be decent at everything then you're on the path to being a great League player. Nobody likes people who only every play one roll, just fyi.

MystVearn

06-23-2014

Short answer, you need to study the game, a lot, look for all the guides you can find not so much about champions, but about aspects of the game, stuff like when to push, when to stall, when to do a gank, when to expect a gank, the importance of vision and autoattacks, you can also check guides for the champions you are interested in learning, i did it when i started and even today i still have to check some builds online.

PIXLCAT

06-23-2014

The biggest thing is practice! This game takes a long time to learn the language and playstyle. Add people who have played a long time (me if you want) because they know a lot and can teach you. Watch livestreams of people playing, watch LCS, read guides, watch tutorials on Youtube.