Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Review my max time punishment tribunal case :D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BEERS FOR FEARS

10-07-2012

Look, I don't care about "context" whenever you say something offensive. You said something rude and that's that. It's not about the other people, it's your case.
If you think "caring too much about political correctness" is a bad thing ,then I would hate to be around you in real life, honestly.

LittleDi

10-07-2012

Quote:
dako:
Too late? The issue with all this is that I simply do not care about bans on this game. Levelling from 1-30 is the only part of this game i find enjoyable anyways, getting banned just means "go play another one".
Actually when you get a perma ban it means stop playing this game. We don't want your attitude here.
Quote:
The community places way too much emphasis on the sake of "political correctness" and "being nice to random internet people" rather than getting better at the game and knowing what you're doing. It why pretty much everyone considers LoL to be a casual-oriented game. I don't go to pharmacy school from 7AM to 8PM 5 days a week to come home, play LoL and have to deal with a 100 cs ap mid autolock teemo at 40 minutes at 1500 elo. Yet, that isn't bannable. But offensive ggs are. Using the dreaded "c-word" once in a thousand games is.
Simply put if you are unable to maintain a social standard while in league then it's unlikely you'll be able to maintain a social standard as a pharmacist. By chance are you familiar with Seroquel?

Quote:
There are two fundamental issues I see with tribunal:

1. Context is never considered. The chat may be filled with spammers and 13 year olds having a ragefest, but since it highlights the person being reviewed in question, 99% of people will automatically skim to the purple chat and see something they consider "bad", and hit report. If you actually go back and disregard the color of my text, i was probably about the 3rd "meanest" person talking. Whether or not it deserved a ban, those people probably didn't get reported. Why? Because people lose their lanes at low elo solely because of the jungler, then they gang up on the jungler and piss everyone off. I would -love- to see a meta-analysis of what roles get banned / reported most.
In response to your last statement of this section:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2445574

In response to the first half:
I read everything said in the match. Enemy chat as well. The trick thou is that you are not supposed to get yourself banned. Don't step down to their level and stay at them. You can be better than that rather than just as insulting.

Quote:
2. The same users that can review bans are the ones that may be in the tribunal themselves. This is like asking convicts to also be judges of other convicts cases in a courtroom. This is why jury duty asks you if you've been convicted of a felony and considers you ineligible. You simply cannot let tribunal be an open system. I'll let you in on a little secret, the 2-4% that Riot quotes as being the small percentage of people that make it to tribunal comes from their total created accounts, not the number of active ones.
Players should never find their own reports within the tribunal. In addition the Tribunal is voted in by users such as myself whom have never landed even a warning. But when someone who is punished by a jury they consider the jury a biased force. You are providing the evidence that you are biased against the judgement of multiple people here. This got a Strong Majority vote. But your assumption that they are all trolls is flawed. I would be part of the strong majority. I have never received a warning in my thousands of games played.

Quote:
The number of active accounts compared to total created rivals that of only WoW, which has a huge ratio of inactive:active accounts (I think its 15:1 at this point). How many people created a LoL account, played one or two games, and got bored? Or didn't play at all? Probably a very high majority.

Theory of causes:

1. LoL is a very simple game (at least as a core model, 6 buttons total are required to play a full game), and thus automatically caters to younger players.
K.I.S.S. aka keep it stupidly simple is a method to make a game that is easy to play and difficult to master. Pinball for example is an extremely simple game to play. Then you have the orbiter 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPvMCBQA1yw Play it. Just remember "Oribiter 1 is the pinball machine that is drunk even when you are not" =-P.

Quote:
1a. Illusion of power. Younger people in their identity crises crave control of every part of their life (this is not a debatable point - it is fact). The possibility that they could possibly be a factor in punishing that mean rengar is far greater than the risk of near-zero repercussions. If someone wasn't nice to you or you didn't like them, why wouldn't you report them?
False reports end up being just that. I may not be part of the "young people" because I'm in my 30's. Either way Tribunal looks at someone who reports everybody and lowers their "report weight" for all the false reports. Resulting in their "illusion of power" becoming no power.

Quote:
2. Incentive to participate in tribunal for reasons other than "helping the community". Let's face it, people are lazy. Very few people in this world give a **** about their local community, much less a group of online people they've never met. Reddit has shown that imaginary internet points for the sake of being popular (and none other) is a very strong motivator among... wait for it... young people. Thousands of studies have shown that there is no such thing as "true altruism", people will only do an action if their perceived benefit outweighs the cost. People are always getting something out of doing something "for the sake of the community".
No rewards for it sir. They've been removing it. My benefit from responding to your post is that I hope for you to learn from this. If you improve as a human from such a simple set of words I'd be happy from that alone.

Quote:
As proof, I'm fully expecting a slew of precious downvotes for this post, as a non-popular opinion will always get you attacked on an anonymous internet forum.
The down votes are not necessary. The forum is not anonymous. I have a user name, and you can see it. If you want to become a better person I welcome you to the school of learning how to be a social person. If not then I would welcome you to the state of not being able to play anymore. Your choice. There are two paths you can take. Improve yourself or remove yourself.

WolfHowl

10-07-2012

G1: You went bot but did not allow the ADC to get any....It is just really hard to have both an APC and a ADC in the same lane. You didn't ward when asked, which is the least you could do since your ADC was lacking in cs. Your language is terrible to.

Quote:
Syndra[00:21:0[QUOTE]
5] :ill 1v3 bot for you cait
Caitlyn[00:21:26] :and you just die to obvious gank
Syndra[00:21:49] :GO YOU ****S
Nocturne[00:22:13] :why are u farming as support
Nocturne[00:22:39] :carry us malph[/QUOTE]
And this
Quote:
Syndra [All][00:38:36] :2-9 nocturne has been crying for 38 minutes now

You were complaining for about 38 minutes as well.......

G2: Already start with negative attitude 7 minutes in.....and continues througout game (including some swears)
Quote:
Rengar[00:07:34] :we arent going to make it to late game
Rengar [All][00:33:42] :how the **** are they so bad
Rengar[00:34:04] :combined 4-23

In my opinion, you just need to have a better attitude towards your teammates, maybe give them advice, or "nice try"
If you berate them it'll make the situation worse than need be, swearing doesn't help.

Berating your team
Quote:
Rengar [All][00:21:09] :how do i make my team better

Sounds like you need to just improve your attitude with your team. Bringing in unneeded swearing and negativity to your team MAY infact be the reason you didn't do well together.

Kinvaras666

10-07-2012

I didn't review your card, but just to make sure you hear this:

How much time you get banned for doesn't depends on how severe your behavior is, it does depends on how many times you got punished in a row.

If your ban right now is 2 weeks, your next ban is a permban. And yet, you still don't see where you need to improve.

I say your permaban cannot be avoided at this point.

Kaproww

10-07-2012

You can't defend calling your team ****s. Some people might have trouble playing a champion they're just learning or might just be having a bad game. There is a difference between constructive criticism and raging at your team for not doing exactly what you want.
(Sarcastically harassing teammates isn't exactly a plus)

Arrietti

10-07-2012

Quote:
dako:
Too late? The issue with all this is that I simply do not care about bans on this game. Levelling from 1-30 is the only part of this game i find enjoyable anyways, getting banned just means "go play another one".....

Your language is offensive in any context and not appreciated here. Since you are at a 2 week ban now, you probaby have been given this insight a few times already. Shape up or ship out. The only people who really do not care about your bans are the community, you clearly do or you wouldn't be here making a big stink about it and you wouldnt rage like that in games either.

You can take or leave the advice offered because we really do not care if your account is permabanned. But know your choice may have consequences and it is hardly ours or tribunals fault if you receive more punishments for behavoir like this.

Arcane Azmadi

10-07-2012

You're an ass and a jerk and a total dooshe and I'm glad you're banned.