Garen passive bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BBokes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Passive
"If garen has not taken damage from monsters, towers, or champs blah blah blah"

If he walks thru a karth wall, near a trundle pillar etc his passive timer resets. He's not taking damage, he's being slowed, thus it shouldn't affect his passive. If this is intentional, reword his passive to say negative action or some such.

That is all.

Edit: Adding findings from testing

Ok just tested. The following NON-damaging attacks disable garen's passive, when they shouldn't if the wording is correct on the ability.

Akali's smoke
Graves' Smoke (not in initial damage, but walking into the cloud)
Karthus wall
Nasus slow
Trundle slow
Fiddle fear

TF's ult (gives eyeball debuff) does NOT de-activate Garen's passive. So it isn't general debuffs that are causing it. It's the soft cc being counted as 'damage'

Afterthought - i know there are more abilities out there that would probably fall into the category i.e. tryns shout, but i don't want to make anymore test games. I think the six abilities mentioned above should be more than enough substantiating evidence.

Warrikon

10-05-2012

are you sure? might want to test it again... unless you already did test it. anyway, sounds like a good thing to bump. bump.

BBokes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

I have seen it twice in games with characters using non-damaging abilities. I'll gather a more detailed list via custom games w/ friends on which abilities do and don't affect his passive after i get home from work tonight.

BBokes

10-05-2012

Ok just tested. The following NON-damaging attacks disable garen's passive, when they shouldn't if the wording is correct on the ability.

Akali's smoke
Graves' Smoke (not in initial damage, but walking into the cloud)
Karthus wall
Nasus slow
Trundle slow
Fiddle fear

TF's ult (gives eyeball debuff) does NOT de-activate Garen's passive.

Afterthought - i know there are more abilities out there that would probably fall into the category i.e. tryns shout, but i don't want to make anymore test games. I think the six abilities mentioned above should be more than enough substantiating evidence.

BBokes

10-07-2012

Any chance on a response to this? I put in quite a bit of time refining the bug and fact hunting. I hope it wasn't for nought.