Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Basics and More!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-15-2009

Hey Fulcrum, great job here. One question: I've been rummaging through the Riot Games folder to try and find screenshots withtout any luck. MAybe you could be more specific as to where they are?

Thanks in advance!

Hammurabi

Recruiter

08-18-2009

Quote from Fayd:
"There seems to be some confusion on how LoL's screenshot function works...so here's a simple set of steps to get your screenshots:

1. To take a screenshot, press F12.
  2. Continue the game as normal.
  3. You CAN take more than one shot per game
  4. After the game ends, navigate to your Riot Games\League of Legends\Game directory (file).
  5. The screenshots there there, labeled 01-XX depending on how many shots you took that match.
  6. If you see one you need for a bug report, save it to another file. When you take another screenshot in another game, it will overwrite them all.
  7. The files are in .tga format, which doesn't work well with the forums at the moment (they added the functionality, but I still can't make it work), so you may need a third party program to convert them. I use IrfanView, which allows conversion to many different file types.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT PASTE THEM INTO PAINT. You will get a black screen, which is none to helpful for anyone.

SUPER ULTRA EXTRA IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT POST THESE ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET EXCEPT FOR POSTS ON THIS FORUM! NO E-MAIL, NO IMAGESHACK! Anything other than this breaks NDA. DO NOT BREAK NDA!"

Hammurabi

Recruiter

08-18-2009

Bump, let the noobs read and grow in power!

ClutchBigfoot

08-25-2009

Thanks for the tips they are really helpful! Played LoL for the first time and its shaping into a really enjoyable game.

/Arj

eznark

08-25-2009

Figured this belonged in the "basics" thread, is there any way to bind potions to a key or do you have to click them in the item bar? I've only played one practice game so I certainly may have missed something obvious while getting my butt whupped.

Hammurabi

Recruiter

08-26-2009

12345 match up to the item slots. So if you have a potion in the first slot you can just press 1

Whiplash

Recruiter

08-26-2009

Good post Fulcrum, covered everything a noob needs to get the hang of the game.

P.S. When we gonna do some more AT?

Baulien

08-31-2009

Excellent posts and guides for a first-day noob!

HowlingKommando

08-31-2009

Great guide, I thought I'd add some slightly more advanced tips.

Advanced Tips

- If you're soloing a lane against 2 heroes, your goal should be to not only stay alive, but to ensure your lane's Tower takes as little damage as possible. Although this sounds obvious, the main point to take away is that you shouldn't be worrying about damaging their tower if you're solo. Your goal should be staying alive and protecting your own tower.

- Similarly, if you have two heroes going up against one hero on a single lane, your goals should be to deny the hero experience and to damage/kill the tower. The best way to deny the hero experience is to scare him away from the creeps so he is not close enough to gain experience from them.

- The ideal way to break a stalemate is to kill the neutral creeps in the jungle either for their boost auras or for extra cash. If the opponents are just hiding in their base, gather up the team and don't hesitate to go for the big creeps!

- It is important to know which heroes are easier to kill than others. In general, caster and ranged heroes such as Anivia and Ashe have less health. If given the choice, focus on those first. Quickly taking one of them down immediately puts the odds in your favor.

- Also very important is looking at what items the opponents are getting. An Anivia can be surprisingly difficult to kill if they have sufficient defensive items. However, Anivia will obviously be less dangerous offensively if that is the case. Similarly, an Ashe who is going for high attack rate will likely dish out low damage per shot. Regularly keeping tabs on what kind of builds the opponent is using will help you counter appropriately.

Hammurabi

Recruiter

09-02-2009

Thanks, HowlingKommando, I'll throw those in the guide.