Smart-Cast Range Indicators?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I simply cannot decide whether or not I should use Smart-Cast Range Indicators.

For anyone who doesn't know, it allows you to see the range + effect areas of spells while you hold the skill button down.

My issue with them is that I often miss targeted skills in fights because the indicator gets in the way and I land the skill on a minion or a champion I did not intend to hit. On the other hand the range indicator allows you to more easily plan skill shots or to determine the exact range of a spell when harassing in lane.

I was wondering if anyone else misses skills with range indicators on (or even no smart-cast at all). I personally am tired of shielding a minion instead of the ADC or spamming Wild Growth on the initiator only to have it never go off because of an enemy champion getting in the way. I know you can cast on portraits, but that distracts you from the team fights so you end up failing to dodge skill shots.

If you use purely smart-cast, how do you remember the exact range of your skills?

Duhizy

10-05-2012

i used to have this issue but then riot made a few changes that made it more manageable. first off before the latest patch i used to basically use smart cast range indicator in most situations unless there were things that i needed to do fast like heals,shields,jumps etc ex. i would have like to have smartcast range indicator on lee sin but it delayed my W jump to much so i just practised more with plan smartcast to learn the range in a custom game and it worked out.

I later found out that i liked to use normal cast on some champions and started using that more which solved my issue. I was also more accurate it turned out when i used normal smartcast as ironic as that sounds because if you learn the range of something in smartcast you always subconsciously throw out skills when your a bit closer and the result is more accurate shots. Then in the last patch riot changed the normal cast settings so that they could be keybinded to a combination of keys so as a result i now smart cast everything and use shift to use normal cast during those rare occasions and that solved my issue.

the best solution i found was simply to practise more with the range of a skill in smart cast because eventually you'll get it and you'll be happy you did.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Thanks for suggesting the Shift+Button for normal cast! It works great considering I want to use the targeted skill at its maximum range. Anything less than the maximum range can put you in danger sometimes....