which champs are OP? Click for answer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbinator

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongofrog View Post
You can't claim a champ is OP simply because you lost to it, or because it has a high win percent until you can accurately measure the effect that champ has had on its opponents play style.
emphasis mine

claiming a champion is op isn't something to be done lightly. There are a lot of complex factors to take into consideration.

But it doesn't actually mean some champions aren't OP. I don't know why you're still arguing the point, it's pretty much obviously flawed.

ForteEB0

10-07-2012

Hello I'm new but if I may add my two cents, as was stated so far there are multiple variables that go into if a champion is op or not. I play Corki, and Nunu and at times certain champions are harder to deal with with than other certain champions, to the point where I want someone to either switch lanes with me (if possible) or back me up. I don't know all the champions, but every vs game has a little bit of opness somewhere. Being op doesn't mean you're unbeatable, it's just that like in a boxing match you're the favorite, the one with the most chance to win. Skill does have a vital roll in the matter as well. A more skilled player would know how to deal with more champs.

As I said being OP doesn't mean unbeatable it just means they have an edge over most. As another commenter said play and have fun. Use champs you like and for the most part you'll get better with them. Know what fights to pick and when to back off or do a dance looking for an opening In time you'll be able to know how to deal with most albeit by yourself or with a group.

A example of all this for me is Smash Bros Brawl. Meta Knight in the game is considered broken if people know how to use him right. He wasn't unbeatable but if used right he had the higher chance of winning.

Hoizengerd

10-07-2012

i like M5's response to every time someone asks them a question about winning a game or tourney; "we just play broken champions"

a1sock

10-07-2012

They way I see it, its like rock, paper, scissors. As long as 1 option doesn't beat any more than the others do, its all good.

sangreshed

11-15-2012

strong/op champs are character who scale extremely well aka snowball well and fast and become hard to kill and can 1v2. darius, jax, diana, anivia, mord, Ammu, Jayce, kat, rengar. Viktor slightly op if played right, can stun and stun whole team for a while, can silence whole team and damage with r. the rest are obviously strong with fed

OriginalJack

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForteEB0 View Post
Hello I'm new but if I may add my two cents, as was stated so far there are multiple variables that go into if a champion is op or not. I play Corki, and Nunu and at times certain champions are harder to deal with with than other certain champions, to the point where I want someone to either switch lanes with me (if possible) or back me up. I don't know all the champions, but every vs game has a little bit of opness somewhere. Being op doesn't mean you're unbeatable, it's just that like in a boxing match you're the favorite, the one with the most chance to win. Skill does have a vital roll in the matter as well. A more skilled player would know how to deal with more champs.

As I said being OP doesn't mean unbeatable it just means they have an edge over most. As another commenter said play and have fun. Use champs you like and for the most part you'll get better with them. Know what fights to pick and when to back off or do a dance looking for an opening In time you'll be able to know how to deal with most albeit by yourself or with a group.

A example of all this for me is Smash Bros Brawl. Meta Knight in the game is considered broken if people know how to use him right. He wasn't unbeatable but if used right he had the higher chance of winning.
See the problem with this is you're assuming that both players are of vastly different skills. If both players have relatively the same skill (like you would assume they would if they both have similar accurate elos) then the one who picks the better champion will win more games not because they have more skill but just because the champion is better. Is really the way it should be? I feel like most people would say no.

Also you can't really compare Smash Bros and LoL because Smash Bros is much more static and LoL is constantly getting patched with new champs and new tweaks etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sock View Post
They way I see it, its like rock, paper, scissors. As long as 1 option doesn't beat any more than the others do, its all good.
But that's just it, with a 70% win rate that would be like scissors beating both rock and paper. When a champ has an extremely high win rate like that there is a case for them being OP.

Míley Dyrus

11-15-2012

So if all champions are equal, does riot nerfing a champion make it underpowered?
Does a buff make it overpowered?