which champs are OP? Click for answer.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bongofrog

10-04-2012

None.

Yes none.

After playing for a few months now, I've heard that almost every champ is op.

What I have learned is that the reason that some champs seem op to some people and not to others, is that the unique ways that champs are designed require equally unique ways of countering them.

Take Diana for example. The "op moon ****" as i've often heard her called.

First of all if you are facing her, don't let her hit you with crescent strike. Its her bread and butter. She nails you with it, and next thing you know is youre eating a dash, an aoe, a pull and an all expense paid trip to your spawn point.

Then the rest of the game we get to hear all bout how op she is. All because you didn't know how to counter her.

another example Zyra. "the op plant *****" Don't stand still. And you'll win. Shes squishy as ****. The problem is people that don't build MR and get caught by her root. Cracks me up.

OMG!! RENGAR IS OP!!! (well hitting a mord with 150 armor for 2k is a bit much youtube it.) however if you buy an oracles, use wards, and don't farm alone you'll never have a problem with him. Also get thornmail and lane him with a ranged char, or a good mantheon eats his face.

When I hear someone say "omg hes op!!" I hear "omg i don't know to play!!"

Tunnel vision, lack of foresight, and bad itemization against any champ will make them feel op.

Hell the blue buff golem is op against a jungle sivir with nothing but mana pots. (seen it)

Just sayin'.

Hoizengerd

10-04-2012

sorry but you are wrong, Rengar, Diana & Zyra were op as ****, they got nerfed and they are still very very strong, fact is they rape most other champs straight up, has nothing to do with how someone plays, they are just simply better champs than most others...they out sustain, out range and out cc plenty of other lanes, they have a clear distinct advantage in 1v1 and even 1v2 fights depend on who's there

this is like trying to argue that Jayce doesn't rape most top laners because you can just pick a ranged champion lol
since your solution is, don't engage these champions, pick someone who can farm from a safe distance...oh the irony

chaser676

10-04-2012

Actually, you're pretty wrong. Pretending zyra didn't reach a 70% winrate in ranked doesn't make it untrue, and trying enforce some kind or infallibility on the balance team is pretty silly. If the game was perfectly balanced, we wouldn't have weekly balance changes. Do you honestly think alistar wasn'tstupid strong 5 months ago?

Also, your build advice is awful. Thornmail is one or the worst items in the game, and going out of your way and delaying core items for counter pick items is supposed to be a fair counter? That just opens them up to the rest of the enemy team.

MeltedWater

10-04-2012

No, Alistar wasn't stupid strong, so he shouldn't have been nerfed like crazy. -_- But I see him banned more often now than I did then, maybe it's because my elo is higher. But anyway...

Diana IS op. So is Darius. And Morgana. And Shen. And Blitzcrank. Vayne, Zyra, and Rengar are strong, but not quite OP.

But think about Blitzcrank, you have to constantly be dodging his grabs and if you fail once, you're 100% sure to die. No champion should be THAT OP.

ACGIFT

10-04-2012

Again, here's the classical question none of the "no champion is ever OP" crowd can answer honestly: why has Riot felt the need to nerf some champions? I'm not talking "reworks," I'm talking, frequently, where the only changes to a champion make them WEAKER.

Yes, there are OP champions. Statistically, this can be readily determined by going to lolking.net and checking the "win rate" for each champion. Using this to figure out relative power actually works because this data covers TENS OF THOUSANDS of ranked matches played daily, (the number is typically 40-50,000) this is a wide enough pool to remove, say, particularly good players deciding to take that champion that day. (similarly, as it ranked, it excludes any noobs who just grabbed someone due to the free champion rotation)

Some of the win percentages may seem not that impressive, but keep in mind that it covers ALL matches with that champion: both pros and scrubs, and ALL team compositions, so they average it all out: you're seeing the effect ONE champion has on the entire game. So if, say, as it says currently, Shaco and Zyra have a 56% win rate, that's a 1.3-to-1 win rate, the equivalent to around 100-200 elo.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-05-2012

While there are champions that have been OP or UP at one point in time, the overall balance of the game is extremely good.

Also, keep in mind that for new players (who this sub-forum is supposed to be for), the vast majority of balance differences are so slight as to be irrelevant. Any imbalances significant enough to worry new players are dealt with rather quickly.

In short, play the game, pick champions you like, and most importantly, just have fun.

Cat 6th

10-05-2012

About Diana, i think you're right...
Even though i made the first kill avoiding the crescent a few times and burst her (/w Ahri), the second kill went for her, then the 3rd for me, but i made some def items, because you can't always be dodging the crescent combo (that is physical & magical), and had to TP back a lot of times (to avoid getting killed of a second crescent combo), and Diana grew up making some ganks. After a while it was nearly impossible to kill her. We lost, but it was related to the negativeness of the whole team (& the fact that we targeted each hero separately)

I don't feel like saying that this hero is OP or not, because I'm still a newbie... but i heard a lot from this forum and I'm still searching about it on the web.

bongofrog

10-05-2012

needing "slight adjustments" isn't the same as op.

People who cry darius is op are the same people who try to stand toe to toe with him and expect to be able to just auto attack him dead.

Burbinator

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongofrog View Post
needing "slight adjustments" isn't the same as op.
Riot had to release a hotfix specifically for zyra. It was a big enough of a "slight adjustment" to warrant a patch on her own, rather than waiting until patch day. You are delusional if you think that "OP" doesn't exist at times. Don't get me wrong, counterplay always exists, and yes it's stupid to stand still vs zyra. But sometimes the effectiveness of the counterplay, even when perfectly executed, is still less effective than that OP champion.

herpderp "don't stand still vs skill shot champions and you'll win!"

that's the secret to winning every game guys, dont get hit by skillshots! oh wait, ezreal, morg, orianna, karthus are all still top tier champions. Your zyra example is pretty awful, yes you to make an effort to dodge all her stuff, but it doesn't mean that the risk vs reward isn't blatantly slanted in her favor if her mana costs/cooldowns are low enough compared to the high damage/cc when she hits a skill.

Should people look for counterplay before crying OP? Yes. Does this mean OP doesn't exist? Not at all.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Most champs aren't ever majorly OP/UP, but there are imbalances from time to time.
Also, I'm laughing at the guy who said Darius was OP and Alistar and Zyra weren't