APC Mids

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Love Slurpees

10-04-2012

Wanna know how you do runes/masteries/builds on your ap mid choices

I typically run
11/0/19 Masteries
Magic Pen reds/Flat Mana regen yellows/4 flat ap and 5 flat mr blues/flat ap quints

And I typically rush chalice/kages for the extra damage/ability to stay in lane 100x longer with/without blue buff. Btw if any of you ever play zilean you should do this, I've found myself carrying my whole team with 40% cdr at less than 20 mins along with at least 1-2 levels on my lane opponent even if I'm behind in cs or kills

(unless im like karthus or gragas who just need flat ap to faceroll the enemy team)

Anna Sachae

10-04-2012

My "main" mid page is 21/0/9, since I play APCs for damage, and 21 offense is almost necessary for real damage at all points of the game. Sometimes I go with 21/9/0 for manaless mids, but that's a really small category.

Runes, flat MP/5 yellows, magic pen reds, flat AP quitns. Blues could be anything, but I've come to love AP/level. Huge gains at 18, when you actually need them. Manaless, standard fair as every other lane (armor yellows, MR blues) with health/level quints and magic pen reds. Most manaless are melee, so the MR/level keeps their MR relatively competitive.

Item builds depend on the game. Always. 99% of the time, sorc shoes. 100% of the time, deathcap. Other than that, it varies. Chalice when I'm not getting blue, or tear on Cass in the exact same situation. Abyssal scepter if no one else built it, or something else if they did. At least two tanky items to help resist whoever on their team got fed. Or maybe we're going double WotA. It all depends on the game.

Never "default" your build. Every single build should vary between games. Core items are fine, but the exact same build is normally a mistake.

Baltheir

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuck Yhu View Post
Wanna know how you do runes/masteries/builds on your ap mid choices

I typically run
11/0/19 Masteries
Magic Pen reds/Flat Mana regen yellows/4 flat ap and 5 flat mr blues/flat ap quints

And I typically rush chalice/kages for the extra damage/ability to stay in lane 100x longer with/without blue buff. Btw if any of you ever play zilean you should do this, I've found myself carrying my whole team with 40% cdr at less than 20 mins along with at least 1-2 levels on my lane opponent even if I'm behind in cs or kills

(unless im like karthus or gragas who just need flat ap to faceroll the enemy team)
thanks for the suggestion... *sigh*

SovietBlade

10-04-2012

21/0/9 for nukers and assassins (veigar, fizz, kassadin)
9/0/21 for "bruiser" mids that need cooldowns (ryze, vlad, cho)
21/9/0 for manaless nukers/assassin mids (kat is the only one that I play atm, but eve works the 'manaless' page pretty well with her rockin' passive)

SovietBlade

10-04-2012

for runes I have a generic page, armor yellow, mpen red, movespeed quints, and scaling mr blue.
Builds are often pretty personalized, so asking them usually isn't the best idea.