Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Platform][Minor] Message "Champion has already been taken" popping up erroneously

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komeiji Koishi

10-04-2012

Priority: Minor

Label: Platform, Champion Select, error message

Occurrence rate: 75%

Description: Whenever I pick a champion in the champ select screen, the platform displays an error message to me saying: "Error: That champion has already been taken" or something of similar wording, despite the fact it was I who had already chosen the champion. It thankfully doesn't break anything important about the game, but has been quite annoying. This has also been happening on the live server, and occurs about 75% of the games I play, from about as recently as the Syndra patch. NB: I'm well aware of other threads posting the same thing: I just wanted to format this bug into something readable.

Repro steps:
1. Open platform.
2. Join queue and hit the accept button once it pops up.
3. Immediately select a champion in champ select.
4. It should display the message 75% (not all) of the time.

blaknightofchaos

10-04-2012

Have this to.

H3llonEarth

10-04-2012

Same over here

KazuShini

10-05-2012

This problem has been appearing in Live Server as well. The occurrence rate is at least 50-60%.

UnderworldH4des

10-06-2012

Having this problem in most of my games, normal and PBE server's.

RainbowTrenches

10-06-2012

Having this problem more on live for me.

Shindodip

10-06-2012

Same. Makes me start reacting like "Who the heck took my...", before I feel like an idiot.

Darth Melkor

10-06-2012

Same here, on live and PBE

Zair Umbras

10-07-2012

Usually happens more often the quicker you choose your champion. If you're the first or second person to choose and you do relatively quickly, the occurrence rate is 100%. If you wait about 10 or so seconds, it normally doesn't happen. Might be an issue with people choosing their champions so quickly that it reads it weird? Can't pinpoint it myself.

TinchoX89

10-27-2012

Everyone would appreciate if this little stupid bug/glitch would get fixed, everything was said in post 1 so I have nothing else to add