The Elo System vs The Hidden Elo Rating System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Provoked

10-04-2012

What do you guys think? The pros and cons of each? I like the hidden rating system, you still gain all the pros of the elo system but don't have the stress of a looming number over your head during every game you play. Especially since that number is effected by your 4 team mates you play with. Some people would consider that annoying, not being able to see where you rank among all the other players. But does it really matter? You could keep the visible rating for teams. That makes sense to me, since it's a team game. I propose having brackets, like we already do with the bronze, silver and so on, but get rid of the number. You'll know you're doing better if you reach a higher bracket. That might not be enough for some people, but I think it's all that really matters in solo queue. What do you guys think?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warm One

10-04-2012

So in other words, you want us to have SC2's system? Not bad by any means, but not exactly re-assuring, considering how people there don't care anymore after several years without changing their brackets. Elo shows you're own personal progress, regardless of others. Brackets show exactly what you are to others. It only drops moral to those with a low rank, in much the same way as seeing your own low elo.