cracking the korean code

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HolyChalice

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranKK456 View Post
Asians..
That's it
Wrong. It's culture nothing more to it.

Zerglinator

10-04-2012

You must seek the answer at the core:

Starcraft.

Pusha Teemo

10-04-2012

Its in their blood.

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

They just see the same game from a different perspective and probably aren't pulled into heresay and trends as easily when it comes to competition. They embrace experimentation and they have a lot of patience as a culture for trial and error play.

This is the perspective of someone who has gamed in america and in asia with some very skilled people. There are always outliers in both sides though.

Mjaxon

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draoken View Post
Nope I'm saying this because we have slightly different ways we think and were raised. Like have you ever heard of the psychological study where Asians tend to, when presented with a picture, focus on the background scenery of the image whereas western cultures will focus on the subject in the middle? Of course there are exceptions, but it is a repeated and respected study.

Little things like that make a difference. Think about it, when you see pro teams in the west being interviewed for the gaming houses, you see them partying, getting drunk, or playing pool in the background for fun. They just happen to be really good at league, and they are pros, but they still do other things for fun.

To me, League is the ONLY thing that is fun, because it is something that is both my entertainment, and my purpose. It creates a situation where all aspects of my life revolve around it, and I feel happy doing it. I could care less about getting drunk when I know I could spend the night getting better at League.

This might sound like hardcore trolling, but I'm all serious right now. I'm trying to explain MY anecdotal view on it, and I know anecdotes don't count for ****. However, even if it isn't a Korean thing, I'm sure we could still relate.

I didn't hear about that study, so I can not contest that point.
While I'm sure that psychology might play a part, I still think that to solely attribute Koreans winning due to some scientific study is simply people looking for an easy excuse. Your point about the western teams and their gaming houses fits into what I'm saying. People are sitting here wondering about some "mythical Korean code" when Azubu goes and 6-0's TSM, but all we're seeing is the validation that the Koreans have put in the time and effort to get good. It's people's choice whether to put in the time and effort required to be elite, not their culture or psychology.

I'm glad you enjoy LoL. I'll never be a professional LoL-player, and that's fine. I'll spend 1 or 2 games in a row, and I've had my fill for the day.

illtre

10-04-2012

bro......koreans eat-sleep-poop-dream-walk gaming.

DrazecroS

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draoken View Post
Nope I'm saying this because we have slightly different ways we think and were raised. Like have you ever heard of the psychological study where Asians tend to, when presented with a picture, focus on the background scenery of the image whereas western cultures will focus on the subject in the middle? Of course there are exceptions, but it is a repeated and respected study.

Little things like that make a difference. Think about it, when you see pro teams in the west being interviewed for the gaming houses, you see them partying, getting drunk, or playing pool in the background for fun. They just happen to be really good at league, and they are pros, but they still do other things for fun.

To me, League is the ONLY thing that is fun, because it is something that is both my entertainment, and my purpose. It creates a situation where all aspects of my life revolve around it, and I feel happy doing it. I could care less about getting drunk when I know I could spend the night getting better at League.

This might sound like hardcore trolling, but I'm all serious right now. I'm trying to explain MY anecdotal view on it, and I know anecdotes don't count for ****. However, even if it isn't a Korean thing, I'm sure we could still relate.
Draoken, I know about the studies you are talking about. I thought about exactly the same studies and some more that I learnt about during my studies in the research institution I graduated from. Don't think you can actually make sense using these studies in a forum in which most people are teenagers. I am not bashing anyone but your point of view requires a deeper respect and need for scientific research. That, my friend, usually occurs in people after college. And it also depends on the major.

Most of the society looks at issues with a limited perspective.These things you cite will probably sound funny, nerdy, purposeless and/or ridiculous to many people here.