Riot's approach to Canon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giannoulias

10-04-2012

Kitae, does anyone from Riot ever read the fanfictions people write? Because it seems like the fanfiction board gets no Riot attention.

Cerubois

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
If you can show how that is clearly concluded from Riot published lore by all means please do so!
It Shall Be Done!

Zaine Draconis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I usually just lurk but this is to hard to pass up, does this mean i am canon now?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...01-july-21-cle

If so, there is a spelling error in my name and that should totally get fixed, For lore purposes, and not because i am an idiot who can't spell his own user name ;>>

sleepyj101

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Is your name Zilean because you are SPEEDING UP TIME! My first word on this topic was July 31st 2012. So start your clocks from then. Not saying that nothing was happening before that, but if you want to talk in terms of what I've been telling the community that's the official date. I'll see you July 31st 2013 and hey by all means, feel free to ask me for a one year update on that date.
Dude, ya'll (officially)froze the lore in Jan 2012. AFTER MONTHS OF THERE NOT BEING ANY! It has been pretty much a year of "We're working on really cool ****! We'll update you when its closer!". You'll have to forgive folks getting really really sick of it.

I understand ya'll work real hard with the champ designers fleshing out/creating champs but you have to look at it from our view. Our view is a fraction of the shadow of the stuff ya'll talk about/come up with about the lore. We don't have access to what you do. We aren't in the meetings where you write down everything about Valoran. We have what we had a year ago, actually we have most of what we had a year ago(reworks and such). What I find amusing is there is actually more info for the lore of the hentai of LoL than the actual canon.

I'm sorry if I come off as an ass hat but I believe I called it almost a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyj101 View Post
It's not nothing. It's silence for months then they tell is us its canceled and replaced. We then get to hear what its being replaced with months after that. Then months after that they will finally implement the replacement which odds are is going to be worse than the original.

It's not nothing. It's worse.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

When you say you want us to determine canon, does that mean that we can add in our own suggestions, or we on a yes/no only policy?

Eletale

10-04-2012

I believe short stories are the way to go. They don't really have to focus on a mayor event or anything, just a single, isolated event told from a champion's perspective about their past or present. Would kind of be like the League Judgement, except that one either tried to sum up the champion's entire life in a few paragraphs, or was extremely ambiguous and practically said nothing.

1Eredale

10-04-2012

Greetings, kitae. I've come here to ask about LoL roleplaying and how it correlates to canon.

I know this has been brought up plenty of times before, but I'll give it one more try. Official Roleplays were some of the greatest things I had a chance to participate in, and their long absence has got me thinking, if they were possible in the past, what is keeping you from doing them now?

Of course, I realize that you are busy at the moment, but with enough coordination, it could be done. Say, a player wants to make an RP, and make it part of the canon. He contacts a Creative Team member such as you or Runaan or anyone else, and explains the concept, asking for Riot's permission to make the RP official. If Creative gives green light, they can post in the thread even just once, marking it with their post, and the DM can write [Official] as a tag for the thread, making events that occur during that RP canon.

I know that it may not sound like a great deal, but back when we had those official RPs, we cared about this sort of 'direct participation' a lot, even if all the players were very vaguely mentioned afterwards or not at all.

I would really, really want to get a reply regarding story RPs from Creative, be it 'yes', 'no', 'maybe', 'soon(tm)', or whatever else. I hope you see this.

Zkaiser

10-05-2012

So basically I can ignore WW's new origin story and stick to the old superior one?

1Eredale

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
So basically I can ignore WW's new origin story and stick to the old superior one?
No, it was clearly said that the newest is correct.

1Eredale

10-05-2012

Double post wat.