New Honor System - Easily Abusable

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Lyte has mentioned before, but in case you missed it; we have some checks in place to prevent Honor abuse.

We don't want to share the details of these checks to prevent them from being exploited. But one thing that is factored in is who is giving Honor to your account. Receiving Honor from your friends in a pre-made is worth less than receiving honor from strangers.

In addition, players found abusing or exploiting the Honor system will face disciplinary action and their Honor rewards removed.

Legacy40k

10-04-2012

I just assumed you can't honour the same person more than once.

Impaler Alucard

10-04-2012

Lyte has mentioned before, but in case you missed it; we have some checks in place to prevent Honor abuse.

We don't want to share the details of these checks to prevent them from being exploited. But one thing that is factored in is who is giving Honor to your account. Receiving Honor from your friends in a pre-made is worth less than receiving honor from strangers.

In addition, players found abusing or exploiting the Honor system will face disciplinary action and their Honor rewards removed.

Mikhaelis

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Edit:

The forums derped and my message was double posted.

Apologies. Please enjoy this gif instead:

http://i.imgur.com/vK7Cl.gif
I upvoted this to create the fun effect of it having more upvotes than your serious explanation about the issue.

SaiGarKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Question, I mainly only play with friends in normal and they are pretty upstanding people. Should I not be giving them honor each game even though they still exhibit the traits that someone who would be deserving of honor?

Mikhaelis

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiGarKing View Post
Question, I mainly only play with friends in normal and they are pretty upstanding people. Should I not be giving them honor each game even though they still exhibit the traits that someone who would be deserving of honor?
Your enemies can honor your mates, let them do it being gentle, saying GG even if you lose, dont provoke or taunt them in the chat... believe, it worked for me, I even got an "achievement" for having too much honor (a pop up screen in my next log in).

A Sproutling

10-04-2012

Yes I guess I did miss it. Personal experience just taught me, having a few friends (that I don't necessarily like.. at all) doing what I've said, and some already have 50 or so thumbs when it's only been a few days out. IT's just irritating, and I didn't want for people to abuse this, then act like jerks in game, and go back to their honor to try and defend themselves.

Sorry for my ignorance in missing something about this. Just trying to help. Thanks for the clarification.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

10-04-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiGarKing View Post
It's a good question. You won't be penalized for honoring your friends, but on some level we sort of expect you to naturally exhibit the traits of being "Friendly" having "Teamwork" or being "Helpful" when you're with your friends. The Honor system is designed more to identify how you treat all players in League of Legends beyond just your friends.

With this in mind, Honor from friends will still count. But receiving honor from strangers is weighted stronger. Also keep in mind that even if you usually run pre-mades with friends you still have the opportunity to earn Honor from strangers for being an "Honorable Opponent".

TheDjinni

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy40k View Post
I just assumed you can't honour the same person more than once.
c-c-c-c-c-ombo...

InformedSpider

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post

I have been giving my friend "friendly" every game, since it is a picture of Teemo's face.

I think this is an oversight by Riot. If we are not allowed to give them friendly every game, we should be allowed to give them a Teemo face with no benefits attached.