I want

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

10-04-2012

An item that gives increased attack range.

Something Haunting Guise can upgrade into.

A buff or remake of Leviathan, possibly giving armor/magic resist/health regen per stack.

A remake of Archangel staff since it has been completely replaced by Athene's Unholy Grail anyway.

More upgrade options for Avarice Blade, Kage's Lucky Pick, Emblem of Valor etc. I hate low level items with only one possible upgrade.

Can I have?

Vuther

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar ┴ang View Post
Impossible to balance as range is a ridiculously critical stat. That is why range-increasers are rare even in champions' kits. There are 7 in our 100+ champions.

TheRottenCrow

10-04-2012

honestly if they would just make an item that gave you a flat like 5 or ten bonus ranged on basic attacks i dont see it becomeing too much of a problem. as long as the rest of it is balanced

Vuther

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRottenCrow View Post
honestly if they would just make an item that gave you a flat like 5 or ten bonus ranged on basic attacks i dont see it becomeing too much of a problem.
You see, that's not a balanced passive either.

Because it's like almost useless.

Taikero

10-05-2012

An item with 25 bonus attack range, 40 AD, and 30% attack speed or so would be rather interesting.

Build it out of a Pickaxe and Dagger with a high combine cost.

Could also increase the AD to build it out of a B.F Sword (kind of like an alternative Black Cleaver).

Bear Furlong

10-05-2012

An item with an active with a built in AA modifier might not be bad. Like a weaker version of Kayle's E. It would have to be an active though. Being passive with that would be too good.

Vuther

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Furlong View Post
An item with an active with a built in AA modifier might not be bad. Like a weaker version of Kayle's E. It would have to be an active though. Being passive with that would be too good.
I don't think it'd work either, because you can get damage anywhere. Steroids and damage are a dime-a-dozen amongst champions. Range is really rare.

Also, granting enough range for Kog'Maw and Tristana to out-range turrets would be lead to silliness. Granting less... would probably still break them.

Oh yeah, and maybe Twitch which I would have remembered if people didn't think he sucked.

TheLastBaron88

10-07-2012

I liked the idea at first, since some ranged ADCs really just do not do well fighting toe to toe with other ADCs. But then I remembered that anyone would be able to buy this item. The potential for this to break the game I think far outweighs any perceived benefit, but points for trying.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Mechanically imbalanced; either the range increase value won't be worth it, or it will be overpowered on the longest ranged champions.
Quote:
Something Haunting Guise can upgrade into.
Not likely to happen, what with how powerful Magic Pen is. Haven't seen a suggestion for this sort of change that wasn't broken overpowered either, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Quote:
A buff or remake of Leviathan, possibly giving armor/magic resist/health regen per stack.
ALL of the stacking items--Sword of the Occult, Mejai's Soulstealer and Leviathan--are worthless items. They're never a good idea to use, particularly Leviathan. I'm pretty sure Xypherous is either going to heavily rework or just remove them after Season 2.
Quote:
A remake of Archangel staff since it has been completely replaced by Athene's Unholy Grail anyway.
Ryze, Singed and Blitzcrank say "nah"

Seriously though, it's personal choice and lane matchups that affect it. I COULD see Riot making Tear (and by extension, Manamune and AAS) give more mana per spell so that it stacks quicker, but other than that it's a pretty balanced tradeoff and still a valid choice on several champions.
Quote:
More upgrade options for Avarice Blade, Kage's Lucky Pick, Emblem of Valor etc. I hate low level items with only one possible upgrade.
You can't just suggest item upgrades for the sake of choices--pardon, you CAN, but they will never happen--because item balance is precarious. The reason it takes far longer for Riot to make new items than new champions is because you have a lot more factors to take into account for item balance. You need to watch all 100+ champions' individual scaling and statistics, there are millions of undetermined factors that only appear after public testing, it's generally impossible to release an item balanced from day 1 (unlike several champions like Trundle, Shyvana and Draven who have hardly or never been touched since release).

Shortly, in order to have these upgrade options, you have to have a niche that isn't redundant, wouldn't replace an existing item, AND would be balanced without having to rebalance a ton of champions.
Quote:
Can I have?
Can I please have someone who just suggests one thing in a thread, but it's a legitimately good suggestion with reasoning behind it other than "because I want" since usually what I want (or anyone else) is often an overpowered idea?

TheLastBaron88

10-09-2012

^The only thing I really disagree with Exdeadman on here is stacking items. I actually really enjoy Mejai's, especially if I am playing a support that scales well with AP. As many assists as Janna racks up there is little reason not to have one, since you get that sweet CDR when it finishes stacking. But I mostly just use it for that potential flat AP. I do not actually think these items work well on anything other than a support or jungler however, since it is far easier for anyone with decent farm to simply buy more expensive items that are almost as good, but far more consistent. Cost efficiency is really the bottom line with these items. Sword of the Occult really isn't great IMO because it does not outshine Bloodthirster at all when you factor in the lifesteal, and even a fully stacked Leviathan just sucks out loud compared to a Warmog's even when it isn't stacked.