Stop making new runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

13thPlague

10-04-2012

I have been playing for a bit now and the only thing annoys me is the new runes. Your making everyone buying 50 k ip and more runes just to keep up with the meta, which i consider stupid. Why not just leave it at teir 3 and add new combo's. Eventaully it's just going to be 3 shot kills early game at like season 5.

And what is this rune combiner thing? I heard it but don't get it.
Please tell me what you think. Thank you.

Minstrel13

10-04-2012

What are you talking about?

Aside from Holiday Runes and the PAX 2011 runes, they have not added new Runes since June 2010. The PAX/Razer and the 2010 - 2011 Snowdown Showdown Runes appear to simply be current runes with alternate art, and the Harrowing, 2009 Snowdown Showdown, and Winter Games 2010 Runes are Tier 2.5 Runes. I'm not sure I understand your complaint.

Is there some Tier 4 Rune rumor that I haven't heard about?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-04-2012

A while ago they introduced the % health, spell vamp, lifesteal, and hybrid penetration runes, but that's it.

But I'm not sure what he's talking about; I have seen nothing about making a tier 4, and if there is a rumor, I can all but guarantee you it's either someone trolling or straight out misinterpreting something.

The rune combiner is a way to 'recycle' old runes. You can combine any two runes of the same tier to get a random rune of that tier, or five of the same tier to get a rune of the tier higher (again, random).

ACGIFT

10-04-2012

Likewise, I've seen no hint or anything suggesting a new (higher) tier of runes. And, in fact, I don't recall Riot EVER adding higher tiers; tier 3 runes have been in the game since the closed beta at least. (earliest mention was the July 10, 2009 beta patch, which may have introduced runes in the first place) Again, Tier 3 has been the highest tier since the beta.

chaser676

10-04-2012

What is he so upset about? There haven't been new runes in forever