Set your own "recommended" items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bocab

10-03-2012

No offence to Riot but the recommended items are honestly not very good in most games at best, and normally horrible. I think it would be nice to be able to be able to drag other items up there and save them. This way you don't have to dig through menus if the item you want isn't recommended or use the same base items.

This wouldn't even need to be saved server side if that was an issue, I mean masteries weren't before and it wasn't a big deal.

Kwala

10-04-2012

This is amazing your idea rocks. Reds please respond to this. like go into custom and set it up.

Unvictus

10-05-2012

Bump! Totally love this idea.. seen it posted a few other times, I'm sick of scrolling through menus to find the items I want.. like the idea of being able to put your specific build for a champ as their rec. Items.. Riot plz

Pesterer

10-05-2012

Its a good idea, but hard to implement. I have faith that the Riot company will hear our plea, and open up this option for us.

Best Atheist NA

10-05-2012

This has been suggested numerous times, lol. It is a good idea though. I hate digging through several menu lists to find items I want to buy because the person who creates the recommended items for most champions are FAR from ideal.

Pap3rBox

10-05-2012

there is a mod for this...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=145862

just use this while we wait for riot.

naotasan

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pap3rBox View Post
there is a mod for this...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=145862

just use this while we wait for riot.
Riot has bigger and better things to work on before they get to replays and things like this.

notencore

10-08-2012

This is already possible. As described by Brackhar:

Quote:
Hey guys, we wanted to go ahead and let you know about a new API hook that we put in with the most recent patch to should make custom recommended item lists a bit easier to maintain than before. The new approach will remove the need to constantly redo your recommended item lists with every patch, but be warned - this is an unsupported pathway that may still have some issues with it. That being said, we felt it would be a cool thing to expose to you guys, especially given the popularity of the many fan tools out there. As there is no UI support this post will be written for people who like to finagle around with clear text .ini files.
Full Post

And the item list.

Hope this helps!

Bocab

10-10-2012

Thanks notencore and pap3erbox for the help, I don't spend enough time on the forum to run into this kind of thing. (or the internet in general)

Thulgen

10-27-2012

lots of these posts +1 please fix it riot