Summoner skill Smite

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ACGIFT

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Trash View Post
What was the point of this response?
To point out how rediculous such a claim was. Seriously, jungling before level 20 sets the team back? It's completely ludicrous. All the low-level/smurf games I've tried... And even as low as level 8-10, the jungler team was a favorite to win.

My comparison was reminding everyone that laners ALSO get a benefit from runes and masteries; with a full level 30 page, your level 1 damage to last-hit minions is dramatically increased: by a margin greater than what damage a single minion does hitting them, giving you a FAR more lenient window of opportunity. You also don't have to B anywhere near as much in-lane, because you can get yourself the extra health and/or mana you need to sustain longer.

Of course, I get down-voted because there's a bunch of angry players who refuse to see anything but their own opinion, no matter how well-put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSmashMcCrunch View Post
Yeah, jungling at the early levels just simply doesn't work, it's completely dependent on level 1 bonuses that we all get from masteries and runes.
No, it's not. Try telling that to a Shaco.

Or try telling that to any jungler with a leash. Yes, you might complain that it deprives the mid of a couple initial farm... But you don't see that stopping pros from doing that, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSmashMcCrunch View Post
But, I think the main problem is actually this hierarchical system we've got, gotta unlock summoner spells by leveling, gotta unlock Rune page slots by leveling, can't buy tier 3 runes until level 20... In short, jungling doesn't become viable until level say, 25, and that's if you spent all IP earned from level 1 to then on jungling runes.

You may say that the first 20 levels are there for you to screw up on and learn the game, and get a feel for the roles... What if the role you wanted was jungle? That's basically what this thread is all about, Smite doesn't allow jungling to be accessible until you get your runes for it.
I entirely disagree; having done plenty of lower-level jungling in PvP, it's wholly viable. ESPECIALLY since the enemy team isn't used to dealing with junglers, I'd say that it's even more powerful than at level 30.

Even without it, remember that the laners don't have full rune/mastery pages either, so they won't have the same farm or sustainability as a level 30 laner, so they're much more vulnerable to a gank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMust B Dreaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
To point out how rediculous such a claim was. Seriously, jungling before level 20 sets the team back? It's completely ludicrous. All the low-level/smurf games I've tried... And even as low as level 8-10, the jungler team was a favorite to win.

My comparison was reminding everyone that laners ALSO get a benefit from runes and masteries; with a full level 30 page, your level 1 damage to last-hit minions is dramatically increased: by a margin greater than what damage a single minion does hitting them, giving you a FAR more lenient window of opportunity. You also don't have to B anywhere near as much in-lane, because you can get yourself the extra health and/or mana you need to sustain longer.

Of course, I get down-voted because there's a bunch of angry players who refuse to see anything but their own opinion, no matter how well-put.


No, it's not. Try telling that to a Shaco.

Or try telling that to any jungler with a leash. Yes, you might complain that it deprives the mid of a couple initial farm... But you don't see that stopping pros from doing that, do you?


I entirely disagree; having done plenty of lower-level jungling in PvP, it's wholly viable. ESPECIALLY since the enemy team isn't used to dealing with junglers, I'd say that it's even more powerful than at level 30.

Even without it, remember that the laners don't have full rune/mastery pages either, so they won't have the same farm or sustainability as a level 30 laner, so they're much more vulnerable to a gank.
You're claim is easily just as ridiculous if not more. Show me a game where lee sin, mundo, nocturne, udyr, tryndamere, rengar, master yi or countless others who can clear a jungle at 8-10 summoner level. You can't because they can't.

You're "comparison" is also ridiculous because you are comparing laning to jungling. In lane you aren't tanking the minion waves, your own minion wave is. Having armor runes isn't necessary to lane, it IS necessary for most junglers to jungle.

Onto the 2nd point in that comparison. "You don't have to B as much as you do in lane." What are you smoking? You have to B after 1-2 camps or you are dead, unless you straight out died from the main camp. You have obviously never jungled at low level or actually seen in and you are making these facts up out of thin air.

You are getting down voted because you are just spewing nonsense into the forums from a level 20 account with nothing but bot games played, talking about pvp and jungling like you are the authority of it.

You're last statements are what make replying to you just sad. I mentioned that 2-3 champs can jungle and you have said one of the few that can.

Shaco.

From what you have given as information, you made a smurf and bought shaco. You stacked boxes on blue or red(NOT jungling btw) and ganked low level players who have no experience with the game or the champion shaco in general and took advantage of new players. No kidding that's stronger than fighting level 30's.

You're either garbage or a liar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugh Akston

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
On the flip side, this means that were jungling outright banned before level 20, you'd see the level 20 junglers become complete noobs, because they didn't get any chance to practice until then...

...You see the problem here?

Yes, of COURSE players are going to royally screw things up at low levels: that's why those levels EXIST, so that people can learn how to play. And yes, it is viable to jungle even without tier 3 runes or masteries; you just have to be slower, more cautious, and possibly be limited in your champion selection. Coincidentally, this kinda describes low-level laning.
Why are you downvoting him?

This could not be more well stated, thank you for responding to the thread with the logical and rational response that you did.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugh Akston

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMust B Dreaming View Post
You're claim is easily just as ridiculous if not more. Show me a game where lee sin, mundo, nocturne, udyr, tryndamere, rengar, master yi or countless others who can clear a jungle at 8-10 summoner level. You can't because they can't.

You're "comparison" is also ridiculous because you are comparing laning to jungling. In lane you aren't tanking the minion waves, your own minion wave is. Having armor runes isn't necessary to lane, it IS necessary for most junglers to jungle.

Onto the 2nd point in that comparison. "You don't have to B as much as you do in lane." What are you smoking? You have to B after 1-2 camps or you are dead, unless you straight out died from the main camp. You have obviously never jungled at low level or actually seen in and you are making these facts up out of thin air.

You are getting down voted because you are just spewing nonsense into the forums from a level 20 account with nothing but bot games played, talking about pvp and jungling like you are the authority of it.

You're last statements are what make replying to you just sad. I mentioned that 2-3 champs can jungle and you have said one of the few that can.

Shaco.

From what you have given as information, you made a smurf and bought shaco. You stacked boxes on blue or red(NOT jungling btw) and ganked low level players who have no experience with the game or the champion shaco in general and took advantage of new players. No kidding that's stronger than fighting level 30's.

You're either garbage or a liar.
From what i'm seeing here is that you're picking at little parts of his post without reading any of it as a whole. Get over yourself and learn to play before you criticize people who obviously know what they're talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMust B Dreaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
From what i'm seeing here is that you're picking at little parts of his post without reading any of it as a whole. Get over yourself and learn to play before you criticize people who obviously know what they're talking about.
Actually I broke down his entire post which if you read any of what I had typed which correlates with everything he had typed.

Also throwing out " learn to play" just makes you look like a ******.

Btw I simply disagreed with what he typed and he got hostile, the way you just did for no reason. Maybe you are the same person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugh Akston

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Yes. Because two senior members with tons of posts to their names MUST be the same person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mezeral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
On the flip side, this means that were jungling outright banned before level 20, you'd see the level 20 junglers become complete noobs, because they didn't get any chance to practice until then...

...You see the problem here?

Yes, of COURSE players are going to royally screw things up at low levels: that's why those levels EXIST, so that people can learn how to play. And yes, it is viable to jungle even without tier 3 runes or masteries; you just have to be slower, more cautious, and possibly be limited in your champion selection. Coincidentally, this kinda describes low-level laning.
Yes we might as well give them 5 rune pages and enough runes to fill 3 of them. This way they know that tier 1 and 2 runes are garbage for the most part and you might as well save your IP for the tier 3s. Should also give all players the new champion so they know how to use them better and balance the game more quickly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMust B Dreaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
Yes. Because two senior members with tons of posts to their names MUST be the same person.
It only takes 100 posts to get senior. 1 day playing forum games can get you that.

I like how you didn't deny anything else in that post though.

On topic: Smite should get unlocked at a later level!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugh Akston

Senior Member

10-06-2012

No, It shouldn't. I would advocate that all spells should be unlocked at level 1 in fact.

Playing at that crucial level 11 with a team full of level 12's makes you an easy target to get picked off because you haven't got an adequate escape (flash).

The same thing goes with smite. If we bump the level up to 15 then level 14's will have a jungler on the enemy team that they can't do anything about. Not to mention jungling level 1 is completely viable if you know what you're doing, I didn't address that point in your argument earlier because it HAD ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED. You were just repeating what you said originally. Which is why it did not elicit a response from me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMust B Dreaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
No, It shouldn't. I would advocate that all spells should be unlocked at level 1 in fact.

Playing at that crucial level 11 with a team full of level 12's makes you an easy target to get picked off because you haven't got an adequate escape (flash).

The same thing goes with smite. If we bump the level up to 15 then level 14's will have a jungler on the enemy team that they can't do anything about. Not to mention jungling level 1 is completely viable if you know what you're doing, I didn't address that point in your argument earlier because it HAD ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED. You were just repeating what you said originally. Which is why it did not elicit a response from me.

It hasn't been addressed because it's not viable at all, which you keep claiming it is. Proof or it never happened. It should be clearly easy since you can make a level 1 account in just a few minutes. Also LoLreplay is free and so is youtube. You have all the tools at your disposal. You also have Malphite, Master Yi, Kayle and Xin Zhao free for you, all great jungle choices.

So please, enlighten the LoL forum community with proof of your claims.


123