Summoner skill Smite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMust B Dreaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Is there any chance you can make it unlock at level 15-20 summoner level? I just had a couple games trying to teach a friend with level 10 accounts and people are trying to jungle at 10 and dying with 2 person hard leashes. It just isn't really viable at low level with no runes and masteries. I think only 2-3 champs can barely jungle with that. Also I haven't really seen smite be used in lane ever, no matter where I played.

Being level 15 or lower and trying to jungle kinda makes the game a 4v5 for the first 15-20 mins. Also the meta is 2 top, 2 bot, 1 mid. Forcing 1 person to fight 2 (especially a beginner) can be frustrating and unfair for the new player.

I don't know, just an observation from what I have seen from tonight's games.

Itsmedemo

10-03-2012

I think that's a good idea. The other fact of the matter is that runes and masteries make jungling ALOT easier, which you don't have much of at level 10.

ACGIFT

10-04-2012

On the flip side, this means that were jungling outright banned before level 20, you'd see the level 20 junglers become complete noobs, because they didn't get any chance to practice until then...

...You see the problem here?

Yes, of COURSE players are going to royally screw things up at low levels: that's why those levels EXIST, so that people can learn how to play. And yes, it is viable to jungle even without tier 3 runes or masteries; you just have to be slower, more cautious, and possibly be limited in your champion selection. Coincidentally, this kinda describes low-level laning.

IMust B Dreaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I disagree. They learn nothing at level 10 from jungling except that they can't do the awesome things they saw a streamer do or what they saw in a youtube video. They will also learn that jungling with no runes and masteries is frustrating and sucks. Dying repeatedly to mobs or having to back after 1-2 camps doesn't make you feel good or accomplish more than you could of done with just laning to begin with.

At the appropriate levels they can simply try jungle routes in bot/custom games and get practice that way without making the game horrible for others.

I'm not saying try not to jungle, I'm saying don't screw up the game for others. Levels 1-20 is where the new players get a feel for the game and decide to play it long term or not. Having junglers do horrible 9/10 is going to make their team members jaded and frustrated when they can't get help from their team mate.

ACGIFT

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMust B Dreaming View Post
I disagree. They learn nothing at level 10 from jungling except that they can't do the awesome things they saw a streamer do or what they saw in a youtube video. They will also learn that jungling with no runes and masteries is frustrating and sucks. Dying repeatedly to mobs or having to back after 1-2 camps doesn't make you feel good or accomplish more than you could of done with just laning to begin with.
Um, and how would they be better off laning without that extra +16.05 AD or the extra +32.08 AP at level 1 to make last-hitting so much easier? To say NOTHING of the armor/magic pen bonuses, or, y'know, the +7.5% damage you'll do when last-hitting minions.

Low-level summoners should just avoid laning entirely to avoid screwing up the game for the other players. Oh wait...

Lovefall

10-04-2012

I feel very happy when Im stay top vs 2 players, doble kill at lvl 6, what is the problem?

Other option, 2 top, 1 of them lvlup to lvl 3 or 4 and going jungle without smite, problem?

Lovefall

10-04-2012

I feel very happy when Im stay top vs 2 players, doble kill at lvl 6, what is the problem?

Other option, 2 top, 1 of them lvlup to lvl 3 or 4 and going jungle without smite, problem?

Basic Trash

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
Um, and how would they be better off laning without that extra +16.05 AD or the extra +32.08 AP at level 1 to make last-hitting so much easier? To say NOTHING of the armor/magic pen bonuses, or, y'know, the +7.5% damage you'll do when last-hitting minions.

Low-level summoners should just avoid laning entirely to avoid screwing up the game for the other players. Oh wait...
What was the point of this response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovefall View Post

So your stance is that at level 6 you get a double kill vs 2 people every time you play 1v2 top lane at summoner level 10-19. Somehow I don't think that counts as facts.

SirSmashMcCrunch

10-04-2012

Yeah, jungling at the early levels just simply doesn't work, it's completely dependent on level 1 bonuses that we all get from masteries and runes.

Though the problem here is if we buff it, jungling will suddenly become OP at level 30 since they'll clear camps in record times.

Can't buff it by giving additional stats to the jungler at early levels either, since then the other early leveled players are getting a short cut by not getting these additional stats simply because they're not using smite.

Although on the flip side, if grabbing Smite gave some additional stats, it could be viable for lane also.

Then again, you don't want to make Smite an insta-pick spell. If you guys think Flash and Ignite are insta-picks and think making Smite one won't be any different, well you're wrong. For someone with a lot of range, just grabbing Heal over Ignite is best, since you're a zoner. You're not likely to get close enough to ignite. Sometimes against champions like Skarner or Singed, you'll need Ghost, in way of distance traveled, Ghost allows you to travel long distances better than Flash ever will.

What we want is Smite to be a jungling spell regardless of your summoner level...

But, I think the main problem is actually this hierarchical system we've got, gotta unlock summoner spells by leveling, gotta unlock Rune page slots by leveling, can't buy tier 3 runes until level 20... In short, jungling doesn't become viable until level say, 25, and that's if you spent all IP earned from level 1 to then on jungling runes.

You may say that the first 20 levels are there for you to screw up on and learn the game, and get a feel for the roles... What if the role you wanted was jungle? That's basically what this thread is all about, Smite doesn't allow jungling to be accessible until you get your runes for it.

IMust B Dreaming

10-05-2012

Well put Sir Smash McCrunch.