hey!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cattington III

10-08-2012

is there separate match-making for dominion?

because i have a fairly good win/loss over there but a poor one for SR and I still seem to be playing dominion with people whose like first go it is.

thanks

otirruborez

10-08-2012

yes there is.

Tempestphile

10-08-2012

hey!

GrignardTS

10-08-2012

listen!

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

hi, yes, every queue has Elo, Treeline has its own Elo, ranked has its own elo, classic 5v5 normals have their own Elo, and Dominion has its own Elo n_n, only difference it's that ranked Elo is shown to the public. , so yes there's a separate matchmaking, hope i helped; see lolmatches for further reference, we used to be able to track our elos with it.

Cattington III

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
hi, yes, every queue ahs Elos, Treeline ahs its own Elo, ranked has its own elo, classic 5v5 normals have their own Elo, and Dominion has its own Elo n_n, only difference it's that ranked Elo is shown to the public. , so yes there's a separate matchmaking, hope i helped; see lolmatches for further reference, we used to be able to track our elos with it.
yes i know that, it's just when dominion first game out it used your normal queue elo.

FDru

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattington III View Post
yes i know that, it's just when dominion first game out it used your normal queue elo.
No it didn't. It used the same placement method but it didn't just take your normal elo and transplant it.

Cattington III

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
No it didn't. It used the same placement method but it didn't just take your normal elo and transplant it.
there was certainly talk of it when dominion first came out, maybe your normals just demerited your starting elo some or something, i don't remember that well it was while ago. anyway i'm just going to assume you're correct and i'm wrong. ;-)

lbgsloan

10-08-2012

I think it did use SR elo as an initial placement measure. I recall people like hotshot playing like 7 dominion games total and somehow ending up 1900 elo (back when it could be checked).