Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can I beat a full tank team ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Sammy NA

09-25-2010

Howdy!

I've been noticing lately that most teams I play against are full tanks/dps or 4 tanks/dps + Miss F.
Around level 18, it becomes almost impossible to stop 4 or five players with 4k hp and 300 armor in a team fight.
I also noticed that the best way to counter them is to use AP champs, but those are really squishy (eve or ryze for example).

So my question is, what should I do to beat such a heavy team ? what champs work better, and what build should I use to win team fights.

For example the typical team I often play would be : Olaf, Xin, vlad, Garen, tryn.
I know they're not all tanks, but people build them that way.

thanks

Mentono

09-25-2010

if you're playing a DPS character, buy a Madred's bloodrazors. it helps a lot.

but tanky-DPS sorta characters are dominating te game right now.

GODKIM

09-25-2010

Wow... GL getting any good tips.
But i think i got one....
EITHER you get kog with madreds (or anyone else with madreds actually, so you'll do decent damage)
OR you can get a AP champ.
Armor pen works also, but not as good as with the other ones above.

maybe some supportive champ to "reduce" the tanks damage. It might work

But srsly, who rolls 4 tanks? kinda imposible to do anything vs that :S

But GL with ur prob

Best Sammy NA

09-25-2010

Thank you for your answers, that really helps.

Draconic

09-25-2010

Yeah the metagame right now really is bad for newer players. The best answer for tanks is a 6300 champ that is out of new player reach.

Madreds will help as some have said, try and get armor penetration. and really what works best is experience and working together with your team.

Lexoon

Recruiter

09-25-2010

Get Kog or Ashe or Trist.

GG.

I never have problem swith tanks, or tank teams. I actually trade lanes (as Kog) if I see Garen or another tank in some other lane.

You can do the same with Ashe or Trist, but they make for some great mids. Still, you can go gank when you are nice and fed.

fooolishfool

09-25-2010

Some combination of Maldreds, dominate them early game, and wards should make you able to beat them (wards mean you should be able to know where they are, not get caught out, and push the lanes they aren't in - they won't really be able to do anything about it).

CalI Me Maybe

09-27-2010

If you're going against a 'tanky' team I recommended Madreds on a Kog Maw. Kog Maw already has his W ability that does a percent amount of damage. Madreds is another 4% of their maximum HP. Amumu could possibly help as well, with his W skill that does a good portion of 2.7% of their maximum HP per second.

Stillhart

09-27-2010

Last Whisper and other AP items are good. Also if they're physical champs, Thornmail and Sunfire Cape will really piss them off (if they even notice where the dps is coming from!)

Jinglez

09-28-2010

Apart from the above mentioned, items such as Deathfire Grasp or Sword of the Divine are also good items to invest in against pure tanks. Depends on if you're a caster or not of course.