''1v1 help'' aram

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

death2you4ever

05-10-2013

Greetings summoners

I was wondering could anyone give me some decent tips on how to counter and defeat AP teemo. I am 1v1 AP TEEMO(MY FRIEND) in the new aram map and i was planning to use either jayce or jax or volibear to defeat him but not sure what champs is right and better to fight against ap teemo. Sooo i was wondering if you guys could give me tips on each of te champions i chosen (jayce,jax and volibear) how to defeat an AP teemo on aram map and what items should i buy and start off with.

Please help me im stuck.

Geminex

05-10-2013

Well, obviously itemize for magic resistance, first off. There's a bunch of strong MR items that are viable for you. Spirit Visage if you play volibear, Maw of Malmortius and/or Merc scimitar on Jax and Jayce.

Second, you're listing a lot of champs that scale reasonably well off AD, which means that a lightbringer might not be a bad idea. This'll let you see Teemo's shrooms, which would otherwise restrict your mobility signficantly.

Third, plan to be blinded. Jax in particular is very autoattack-reliant, and Teemo's blind will stymie your ability to deal damage to him. All the champs you listed have some way of sustaining through the blind to still win trades, but you need to be ready to lose most of your damage for 2 seconds.

Fourth, don't underestimate his autoattacks. Teemo has some really strong on-hit effects, and if you approach a trade badly, you can lose out. Of course, ideally, you won't, and all the champs you listed have the ability to go even against Teemo. If you get a Guardian's Horn on volibear you can Q in to flip and engage, even despite movequick, and, once engaging, you can start applying your ult and building up Frenzy. Volibear is probably the hardest champ to win this with due to your potential to get kited, but if you get into combat, you'll have a lot going for you. If you pick jax, just use your leap-stun combo to harrass teemo till he's low, not difficult. Jax is a bit weak early on, I feel, but later you'll eat teemos for breakfast. I'm less familiar with Jayce, but I feel like you should be able to poke teemo out pretty consistently if you just get some mana sustain.

If you're going 1v1, don't forget to farm. Farming usually becomes secondary on aram maps, because you have to share your lasthits with 5 people, but if you can, at all, make sure to get a few per wave, just to give your gold income that little boost.

Let us know how it goes!

death2you4ever

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminex View Post
Well, obviously itemize for magic resistance, first off. There's a bunch of strong MR items that are viable for you. Spirit Visage if you play volibear, Maw of Malmortius and/or Merc scimitar on Jax and Jayce.

Second, you're listing a lot of champs that scale reasonably well off AD, which means that a lightbringer might not be a bad idea. This'll let you see Teemo's shrooms, which would otherwise restrict your mobility signficantly.

Third, plan to be blinded. Jax in particular is very autoattack-reliant, and Teemo's blind will stymie your ability to deal damage to him. All the champs you listed have some way of sustaining through the blind to still win trades, but you need to be ready to lose most of your damage for 2 seconds.

Fourth, don't underestimate his autoattacks. Teemo has some really strong on-hit effects, and if you approach a trade badly, you can lose out. Of course, ideally, you won't, and all the champs you listed have the ability to go even against Teemo. If you get a Guardian's Horn on volibear you can Q in to flip and engage, even despite movequick, and, once engaging, you can start applying your ult and building up Frenzy. Volibear is probably the hardest champ to win this with due to your potential to get kited, but if you get into combat, you'll have a lot going for you. If you pick jax, just use your leap-stun combo to harrass teemo till he's low, not difficult. Jax is a bit weak early on, I feel, but later you'll eat teemos for breakfast. I'm less familiar with Jayce, but I feel like you should be able to poke teemo out pretty consistently if you just get some mana sustain.

If you're going 1v1, don't forget to farm. Farming usually becomes secondary on aram maps, because you have to share your lasthits with 5 people, but if you can, at all, make sure to get a few per wave, just to give your gold income that little boost.

Let us know how it goes!
Ok i will. but how should i build volibear and jax what are the starting items and the core items. btw should i buy wits end for volibear aswell? And also what level should i start initiating(getting kills)?

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

You need to balance the items needed depending on the situation at hand.

Getting poked early game without a chance of trades? Get sustain/health regen.
Need more dmg? Get a Wit's End/Brutalizer/etc
Need to be more tanky? Finish your Horn or get something that builds out of a Giant's Belt.
Need resistances? Hexdrinker/Spirit Visage depending on who you are getting.
Want to remove the slow from Mushrooms/the Q Blind? Get a QSS.

You have lots of options. You need to develop a feel for what you need and adjust accordingly.

8WhiteFox8

05-11-2013

We could probably give you a list of ideal items for general purpose based on champion, but in general, there's no knowing what you'll go up against, and there's different builds for everything. Since you're going up against Teemo, and already have a few abilities for closing the distance, go for a somewhat tanky build so that he can't just destroy you from the bushes. Once you've caught Teemo you shouldn't have too much trouble pummeling him into the ground with someone like Jax or Volibear. Just keep playing, and learn to adapt, it's better for you that way.

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Try picking up Panth. He's probably Teemo's hardest of counters, other than Yorick, and they're both tanky casters. They both scale exceptionally well with Maw, so planning on making it your first item is a good way to go.