Riot, for a while we've wanted a group select option, can we have something like this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saving Pvt Crabs

10-03-2012

Champ select is a time to discuss strategy and getting to know the team, we already have a majorly flawed, rarely used and inflexible system if selecting type of champion for play in the search bar, (by e.g, searching carry), however, League of Legends being an ever changing game this hardly suits our game-play.

Additionally, selecting masteries and runes can be time consuming. Often people make mistakes by not selecting the right pages or indecision by forgetting what suits best for their champion. Again, this is time best used for team discussion.

I suggest a simple and effective method of grouping champions, which can be customized in the summoner profile page. Any number of champions can be put into a specific groups so that during select you can simply meet the demands of the team, or chose whatever you feel suits best. Example:

http://i.imgur.com/HCsIF.png?1
edit: sorry for the 'your turn to be', this would actually be up when you select.

This system is easy to create, flexible, and is in the best interest for riot to improve game-play, teamwork and competitiveness of LoL.

Additionally, the system allows for easier management of the already 20-page masteries that we are able to utilise. Masteries by association with your customized group will considerably speed up a process. Example:

http://i.imgur.com/Nc6dp.png?1

Sorry for long post, tried to keep is short as possible,
TLDR; read the bold, look at images

Thanks,
Crabs

NoxiousIce

10-03-2012

This is not as simple as you think. It requires server space for every summoner, and increases the learning curve for newer players. While I agree you should be able to set your own tags for champions, the interface you're proposing is bad mechanically. Also it takes away the ability to look at champions as a whole which is important for many people who either want to try the free champions, or new players for understanding who exists.

Saving Pvt Crabs

10-03-2012

there's no reason why you cant have the old option in addition to groups, which I've left in the tabs. Also you don't need to keep this on riot serves, it can be done in your folder, like the old masteries used to be.