Suddenly high ping.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anonymys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Hey folks. My ping in game usually hovers around 90ms, but today's it's mostly been around 180ms. I don't know what's causing it. I've reset my router and done all the usual things, but the issue hasn't been solved. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Anonymys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2012

It's getting progressively worse, it seems. Started at 170ish, moved to 180ish, now I'm at 193.

Bloodwallow

10-03-2012

lots of people have been having this issue, (myself included). I dont think a solution has been found

Lysandren

10-03-2012

I also normally have 80-90 ping and today it jumped to 180 this morning. Now this evening when I got off work my ping was at 190. I have comcast as my ISP and am located in Indiana. I wonder if maybe we can find a link as to what may be causing the issue.

Kongmingtwo CrM

10-03-2012

same. and it's just this game. tested it.

Lysandren

10-03-2012

Yeah mine is just to this game as well. I did a pingtest to several websites near me and everything seems fine. Also my ping in battlefield 3 and dota 2 seem normal as well.

Anonymys

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Oh man I'm so glad it's not just me. It's making me so angry I actually called Comcast. They did all their usual testing stuff but my ping still sucks. Is Riot aware? Was it something in the patch?

lord jwood

10-03-2012

i had this same issue. reset my modem then my router, reran speed tests, 35mbps down, 5mbps up, 20 ping. i work for IT these speeds are excellent i'm only having issues with this game and it's been only since the patch.

what did riot do? please help!

lord jwood

10-03-2012

it frustrated me to the point that i won't even play. i wanted to play ranked with my friends tonight and now i can't even play because for some silly reason my ping doubled since the patch. WHY IS THIS

Kongmingtwo CrM

10-03-2012

i've ran traceroutes on a few different league servers, the ping always increases when the hop hits 12.91.226.18. WHOIS just says it's registered to AT&T worldwide.

edit:
there are several hops through at&t before this, maybe it's the one after that is the problem.
next hop is...

InterNAP Network Services, PNAP-LAX PNAP-LAX-INAP-BB-1 (NET-216-52-254-0-1) 216.52.254.0 -
Internap Network Services Corporation PNAP-8-98 (NET-216-52-0-0-1) 216.52.0.0 -