IMPORTANT! New Custom Play mode

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aZnPYTHONaZn

10-03-2012

Quote:
EDIT:Here is my new account :O"who am i again" Add me

My apology the title shouldve been Custom Play *Style.

Lets get started!

Hello everyone, one day I was playing aram in PG with a few friends. We won the match but the other team keep saying "4 ranged vs 5 melees gg from selection"(I'm sure everyone gets that once in a while ಠ_ಠ). And then i thought, why not make a game where all players are melee champions.

To quote Abraham Lincoln "All men are created equal"

The rules are simple:
-Draft mode
-Cannot pick champs that have ranged auto attacks.
-Cannot pick champs that can switch between the auto attack styles like Nid, Jayce, and Kayle.
-In a nutshell, you can pick anyone when you type in the word "melee" in the search box (except Jayce and those of his kind).
-Maps: Summoner Rift or The Proving Grounds (which I think is the better due to fast paced gameplay and the fact that it is one lane).

What i found out after a few match is this:
-MOST people are always asking me after a match is done whether I would recreate or not so they can play again.
-The innate tankiness of melee champs makes teamfights ingame much more fun to play.
-The chance for come backs is very high (I once go a 40 minutes game on PG) , depending on teamfighting skills of the two teams and not just runes and early strong damage.
-People will often think of creative and sometimes crazy new ways for their team to play The Proving Grounds or Summoner Rift (Once had a guy who played hybrid Trynd and he did like 500 damage with his spinny blade ಠ_ಠ).

Please don't hesitate to upvote and leave some comments to bump the thread along). ENJOY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZnPYTHONaZn View Post
For those of you doubters,

1.Create a match with a name like 30s Draft only etc etc.
2.Type and copy the rules in your lobby
3.Invite as many friends as possible
4.Go into chatroom and *talk to people about your room. Be careful to Never spam because that ll only get you muted.
5.Enjoy the experience and remake another game, most will probably come back
EDIT
To Answer All of your questions until now:
-A lot of people are asking me if nunu was okay because of his ranged snowball. MELEE champs mean that you have close ranged basic attacks, simple as that.
-This is the very reason why i said that this would be draft. You can ban the more overpowering melee champs like gragas who will dominate in teamfights. Plus there can only be ONE katarina (assuming she wasnt already banned) on each match. This make the other team discusses their strategy better with each other and vise versa.

30 UPvotes GOGOOGOGOO

AlterCoil

10-03-2012

Quote:
What i found out after a few match is this:
-MOST people always come back when i create a new room
-The inate tankiness of melee champs make teamfights ingame much more fun to play.
-People have to be creative to think of new ways to play The Proving Grounds. ENJOY!!!
I have played this game type on PG often recently and actually approve. You dont worry about getting stuck against stacked teams or outranged. The games are more even paced, encourage PvP rather than tower pushing, and challenges players to find new strengths in champions.

Overall, I give this game a 9/10. Props to aZnPYTHONaZn

My Desired Name

10-03-2012

Me and Aznpython host this game all the time, it's alot more balanced than standard ADAM imo.

zZzCOBRAzZz

10-03-2012

I agree with you that this is gonna be more evenly paced.+1

aZnPYTHONaZn

10-03-2012

Great responses guys, thanks

Zyrelia

10-03-2012

Seems kinda cool.

RainbowTrenches

10-03-2012

Hmm. Does that mean no melee mages (like nunu), or are they ok?

Homosexual Sloth

Recruiter

10-04-2012

Bump

Sinistral

10-04-2012

seems kind of, pointless.

If the WHOLE team is melee, Blitz, Amumu, Morde, Kat, Gragas to name a few, become ridiciously strong, without anything to really counter them.

Delsabers

10-04-2012

don't forget diana...

12345 ... 6