League of Legends Olympic Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mèdusa

10-03-2012

Just read this article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...-summer-games/ which discusses how esports could very possibly become a part of the olympic games in the relatively near-future.

Just wondering how everyone felt about this / looking for opinions on the matter.

Personally? I think it's a great idea, especially for many of us who aren't great at throwing a ball or scoring a goal, but kick butt at some League of Legends

Mèdusa

10-03-2012

Bump

Mèdusa

10-03-2012

Bump

Mèdusa

10-04-2012

Bump

onboardtonowhere

10-04-2012

I skimmed through the article. The author seemed too optimistic. Honestly for something to become an Olympic (a tradition of over thousands of years) is... well... very, very hard. Especially if you take into consideration: money. Olympics is more so about winning that gold (at least the athletes... although the government usually pays them for every medal as well). I mean you take a corporation like Riot who needs to profit off these tournaments and take a nonprofit organization like the Olympics... kind of sets a difference.

Also want to note that even baseball (a relatively world-famous sport) only recently has gained that "Olympic status" so to speak (the WBC is less than 10 years old).