Top Laners, who to get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZongTG

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
Nidalee. Once you learn her, you shouldn't lose your lane. Ever. Its impossible to counter her. She is somewhat lacking CC for team fights, but I usually build a Rhylai's Scepter first to make slowing spears of death. Her Cougar form makes her naturally tanky and is impossible to catch in the jungle.

She's an amazingly fun champion to play, though her skill cap is high if that is a deterrent.
She's not impossible to counter. With good jungle presence anyone is counter-able, or you can just play Jayce like I do. I have never lost a lane to a Nidalee as Jayce. If she plays AP Nidalee she loses hard, and if she plays AD Nidalee she still loses, but has a little more of a fighting chance.

Regardless of whether or not those were bad Nidalee players, I've faced 5+ of them and never lost a lane to any of them. I highly doubt Nidalee is as impossible to beat as you say she is.

Marximus Maximus

01-20-2013

I like Pantheon, but he's certainly not appropriate for all matchups. In general, hes not going to do well against ridiculous sustain like Cho'gath, but tends to do well against other confident 1v1 champs, such as Olaf, and especially Darius. Simply put, his passive + w makes him surprisingly resilient, and a fantastic tower diver. Good mobility and map presence with his ultimate, too.

Akimasu

01-20-2013

I've actually been playing top a lot, and I play a lot of champions as I'm trying to find who I enjoy the most, so rather than tell you who I play, I'll tell you who I have trouble with.

Good teemos. These guys are monsters, with shroom wards everywhere, a movement speed steroid, stealth, amazing poke - in a lane where the enemy jungler isn't a worry - this little guy will dominate his lane. He has an incredibly rough skill curve - a good teemo will lose to a bad top if they have a gap closer. An amazing teemo will rarely lose to anyone top. Extremely Susceptible to ganks - especially Maokai ganks, though.

Xin Zhao/Cho'Gath. You will never force these guys out of lane, and their ridiculous setup make jungle ganks all the more devastating. Both have annoying knock ups, Xin's is almost impossible to avoid though. Wonderful sustain, beautiful reaction to jungle ganks, Great in team fights late game(cho moreso), all around incredibly powerful tops.

Darius, although he has a few nasty counters, at level 6..watch out. Dunking 50% of your hp, while stacking HP, this guys just a monster. Fairly easy to play, strong champion - banned a lot in low elo though.

Wukong - does quite bad vs anyone who has a cheap AoE to hit you with when you poke, like Darius, Jayce, or Rumble - but regardless of how he does early game he change team fights with his ult. I feel he's quite weak top, but his ganks and late game totally make up for it.

Akali/Kat/Kha'zix, I kinda feel all 3 of these serve the same purpose. To snowball, or snowball other lanes. Bruiser Kat, Bruiser Khaz, and Bruiser Akali have been seeing more usage since the tournament scene has shown them doing well. Not much to say - strong picks, little room for error, and can quickly go south early game, these guys are your risk-reward champions. I do feel that I have to mention - if you have a kayle, Katarina suddenly becomes an unstoppable killing machine. Kayle ult + Kat ult combo together so beautifully, it's like a match made in heaven.

and finally Rumble. This guy just isn't played much anymore, but he can push a lane like no one else, and has one of the highest non-ult AP ratios in the game on two of his abilities! Q is a massive 1.95, and E is 1.3 if both hit. Ulti is also 1.75 on full duration. Scary late game, Scary early game, an incredibly powerful 2v1 laner, as well. Pick up golems level 1, Ding level 6, they're level 4 - Flash ult ignite q e e w "Double kill!" Can't handle some champions very well, but a skilled Rumble will do amazing top.

Best of luck to you!

Method1cal

01-20-2013

Ezreal is a very safe adc, but he doesnt have as much late game power as many of the others. My personal favorites are Varus and Caitlyn.

As for top, its one of my worst rolls along with jungle. I do like Riven, Kayle and Irelia though.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZongTG View Post
She's not impossible to counter. With good jungle presence anyone is counter-able, or you can just play Jayce like I do. I have never lost a lane to a Nidalee as Jayce. If she plays AP Nidalee she loses hard, and if she plays AD Nidalee she still loses, but has a little more of a fighting chance.

Regardless of whether or not those were bad Nidalee players, I've faced 5+ of them and never lost a lane to any of them. I highly doubt Nidalee is as impossible to beat as you say she is.
Kayle actually has a fun time with Nidalee as well.

Nidalee is built around harassing the current meta of having an AD, melee hero top lane. She takes advantage of that by poking them down. Putting her against a ranged hero that can poke back just as hard takes away all her advantage.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

I don't know if I've posted in this thread yet or not, but...

Jax.

ImANoobInLeague

01-20-2013

Top lane champs I go is cho, zed, jayce, and maybe talon. Here are other good top lane champs (I don't play as or don't have yet) darius, jax, volibear, Shen, Warwick, singed, Irelia, jarvan, malphite, riven, Olaf, nasus, renekton, rengar, khazix, Olaf, pantheon,wukong, and yorick

super wabbit

01-20-2013

Riven, garen, leesin, yorick, xin zhao, kha zix. all op tops

Tman the Awesome

08-26-2013

gp can have a wrecking ball of a parley, which makes him ideal for the tough top lane. build him with some:
berserkers greaves
bloodthirster
ravenous hydra
warogs armor
and a static shiv.
Optional: wards