Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help me Skarner.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mambazo

10-03-2012

Yo, just bought skarner, I tried him a few times in one of his free weeks and liked him, but that was a LONG time ago. I want some tips.

Skill order? I know his general build is philo/sheen/aegis and build from there. Runes? I am thinking MS quints, AD reds, and armor yellows/mr blues.

Leave your input, thanks!

Jalian

10-03-2012

if you are jungling him:
I build hybrid, its unconventional but it works most of the time. trinity is core, wriggles is huge for jungling, gunblade and rageblade are nice, philo stone early for gold that i turn into reverie. ghost + reverie + w + boots of swift if they dont have a lot of CC, can make it extremely easy to grab and pull some poor sucker miles away from his team. since his q's CD decreases on autoattack, it is helpful to have hybrid to increase auto attack damage, and ap for spamming that Q.

EDIT: most people will disagree with me. It has also been awhile since I used this, as I got bored with skarner. but it worked for me more often than not, I'd guess 8/10 games

lastchancexi

10-03-2012

This build order has been really awesome for me:
Regrowth Pendant + 1 --> Philo Stone --> boots --> HoG --> Merc Treads --> Glacial Shroud --> Shurelya's --> Aegis --> Wit's End.

Max Q whenever possible, then max W. Don't get skill points in E until the end, E sucks.

I really believe in the whole tanky skarner thing, because the key is to stick to people and not die. You don't do any really "safe" damage.

TeknoWizard

10-03-2012

Basically what last chance said, but I'd throw in a Sheen with Glacial if you're doing rather well.

Also, I like getting an Oracle's after my GP/5s if I get a good gank off. Really sets up your map control.

Timelord911

10-22-2012

An early oracles is a good idea. I feel the TriForce is essential on him for not only damage but the slow as well.

Jesot

10-22-2012

I'm a big fan of offensive Skarner. Boots, Philo, Sheen, and Shroud are core whether you tank or go for damage. I prefer to get Hex Drinker after Triforce. Finish boots, FH, Shurelyas, then GA and Maw.

Also, Skarner paired with Zilean is epic.