Pantheon questions regarding item synergy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowProtocol

09-25-2010

Hi everyone,

1) Does pantheon's spear shot get affected by sheen and trinity force? It would seem the mechanic of the actual skill would cause it to be affected by those 2 items, considering Spear Shot is very similar to the way Parley works.

2) Do pantheons still benefit from Manamune? The 2% to 1.5% increase in AD seriously isn't that big of a deal, but if getting sheen and trinity force, the mana is gonna be covered there so I would say its probably better off NOT getting manamune.

3) Heartseeker Strike is pretty **** awful now. Should I focus on leveling that last, and no longer itemize to strengthen it? Instead of AD, I would say powering Q with Trinity Force, and then focusing on defensive items like a balanced Guardian Angel + [Banshees Veil/Thornmail/Sunfire Cape/Force of Nature] would probably go along way in increasing Pantheon's Effective Health and keeping him alive longer.

What do you think about each of these points? I'm open for discussion - thanks

Prosecutor Godot

09-25-2010

1) No.
2) I never made Manamune on him, myself, just MP5/lvl Glyphs+Seals are more than enough.
3) Yes, R > Q > W > E. Guardian Angel is always good later in the game. Don't make him into a tank, without his damage he's pretty ineffective.

ShadowProtocol

09-25-2010

Uh, why doesnt Spear Shot get affected by trinity force or sheen? It's the exact same mechanic as Parley

Edit: I assume it's because Spear Shot does not say it applies on-hit effects.

DayInTheSun

09-25-2010

Because it specifically says Parley applies on hit effects (including critting). It does not for Pantheon.

Rogmarz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-25-2010

Spear Shot doesn't apply on-hit effects. Really, the only mechanics it shares with Parley is that they're both Ranged attacks on Melee Champions that scale with AD. Spear Shot can't crit, etc.

ShadowProtocol

09-25-2010

I edited in my post saying I realized it doesnt apply on-hit effects. You guys probably missed it

I would suggest its still probably a decent item though, considering you can aegis of zeonia to jump on someone, auto attack for +150% base AD with trinity force, auto attack again normally, spear shot, auto attack for +150% base AD with trinity force.

Aegis -> Attack +150% -> Attack -> Spear Shot -> Attack +150% -> Attack -> HSS/Attack -> Aegis -> Attack 150%

Tyhan

09-25-2010

You can solve his mana problems with runes easily, but if you don't have them get manamune. Level up Spear Shot every odd level, and level up HSS at 4 (for the auto-crit) and wait until all your other skills are maxed to put more points into it. Levelup Grand Skyfall at 6, 11, and 16.

For items I generally go meki pendant + two health potions to start. Get to level 6 and recall and buy tear and boots of speed and grand skyfall back. When you can go back to get manamune and boots of swiftness, the next items you want are BF Sword > Brutalizer > BF Sword > Infinity Edge > Ghostblade > Bloodthirster. if you need survivability you can get a negatron cloak or chain mail inbetween those, if not use the sixth slot for another brutalizer or BF Sword into Bloodthirster.

This I find works well. Also GA if you have to initiate. Pantheon can't survive an initiation in a teamfight so he needs GA for that.

PS Trinity Force is bad. Too expensive for the little it gives to him. You want to burst them down to <15% HP and use the Infinity Edge + HSS 100% crit for an instant kill. (Only tanks will survive that crit tri force or not)

ShadowProtocol

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
When you can go back to get manamune and boots of swiftness, the next items you want are BF Sword > Brutalizer > BF Sword > Infinity Edge > Ghostblade > Bloodthirster.
Are you saying get a BF Sword, then brutalizer, then turn the BF sword into an IE, or buy 2 BF and leave 1 just as is?

I assume the former

Tyhan

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowProtocol View Post
Are you saying get a BF Sword, then brutalizer, then turn the BF sword into an IE, or buy 2 BF and leave 1 just as is?

I assume the former
Buy two BF Swords before getting the IE. You can make it an IE first if you're getting them low enough for the autocrit already but I find that's rarely the case. Turn the second BF into a Bloodthirster after you get the IE. Also you want at least a 19 point offensive spec for the AD, armor pen, and crit damage increase. I wish HSS wasn't **** too, though.

ShadowProtocol

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
Buy two BF Swords before getting the IE. You can make it an IE first if you're getting them low enough for the autocrit already but I find that's rarely the case. Turn the second BF into a Bloodthirster after you get the IE. Also you want at least a 19 point offensive spec for the AD, armor pen, and crit damage increase. I wish HSS wasn't **** too, though.
I appreciate the clarification.

Last thing (althought i'm open to hear about more successful builds), if I go mp/5 glyphs and seals (which I can), I would def skip the manamune. On that same note, would you still need the meki with the mp/5, just because it starts off slow? If not, you'd recommend a doran shield right?