Need some Jarvan help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

10-02-2012

Jarvan is a strong champion on Dominion but I have no idea what I'm doing with him.
Somebody help me!

brownbruiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

brutalizer
trinity
2 items i feel are core

you can finish ghostblade from there or build standard tanky derp items like frozen, randuins, maw. jarvan likes arpen and cdr. if you hit E>Q you win if you dont you're pretty much useless.

BeefJerkyHunter

10-02-2012

So should I finish the Brutalizer right away before any part of the Trinity Force?
What I usually do for any build including the Trinity Force is to build the Phage first before any other item.

Ikruti

10-02-2012

Don't you usually play J4? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Anyhow, I usually build him one of two ways.

More tanky - I start with Boots, Ruby Crystal and Long Sword. I immediately upgrade to Phage and Merc Treads (although on extreme rare occasion Ninja Tabis). Since I love Glacial Shroud, I go there next. After that, I decide what I need more of. Either a giant's belt with aim toward Frozen Mallet or finish off Frozen Heart or Hexdrinker. If magic is still a problem I like to get another Null Magic Mantle with the idea of eventually getting a Wit's End.

More DPS - Prospectors Blade and boots to open. Get Mercs or Ninjas as appropriate. Brutalizer. Phage -> Zeal -> Triforce. Glacial Shroud somewhere in there. Vamp Scepter with aim at Sanguine eventually. Hexdrinker for MR/damage. Finish off Ghostblade somewhere in there.

As for runes/masters, for tanky, 9/21 and ArP/HPlvl/CDR/MS, for DPS, 21/9 and same runes.

brownbruiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

i like to finish brutalizer first. you can generally 100-0 squishies with low armor with E-Q- auto - ult auto. phage>zeal>sheen

Victorio

10-02-2012

Early Phage into a Brutalizer and then TF. If their hard carrys are doing well early on, rush a wardens mail in between.

BeefJerkyHunter

10-03-2012

Thanks guys.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

10-04-2012

I don't like Trinity on Jarvan. Jarvan doesn't space out his skills so you don't get many sheen procs. Unless you are planning to hit 40% cdr I think it's a bad choice.

Core - Prospectors, boots

Almost core - Brutalizer

Life steal options - Executioners, Zeke's

Armor options - Ninja Tabi, Atmas, Wardens, Aegis, Glacial. I rarely get glacial/FH on Jarvan because I find 2-3 of my teammates build FH so I'd rather get a different item to help the team out.

MR options - Merc Treads, Wit's End, Hex Drinker, Negatron Cloak, Aegis. I prefer wit's end to hexdrinker because wit's end gives more damage and I like having mixed damage types. However, hex drinker makes you tankier than wit's end.

Health options - Phage, Frozen Mallet, Aegis,

Damage - Ghostblade, Black Cleaver, Last Whisper, Wit's End, Atma's. Phage.

CDR - Masteries, Ionian, Brutalizer, Glacial, Zeke's. If you do 13-17 masteries you can get 12% cdr from masteries. Add a Brutalizer and you hit the magic number where you can Q twice to one E.