Good Kass build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ebs530

09-25-2010

I'm looking for a decent kass build to use.

Right now I'm using:
boots
soulstealer (if I'm doing well)
rod
zhonya's
time allows banshee's.

I really don't know what a good build for kass is, so help is greatly appreciated.

Teshnos Fire

09-25-2010

That's basically what I use. Except that I always get SoulStealer and decide between Rod of Ages and Zhonya's depending on how good I do.

First items: The AP/HP ring (Baldor?) and a HP potion. I ussualy blue pill back around level 5/6 to buy me some boots.

1) Sorcery Boots
2) Soulstealer
3) Rod if I'm doing well (So don't need the AP spike) for survivability and staying power.
3) Zhonya's if my SS is remaining rather empty; I need that AP to remain a threat.
4) Whichever I didn't get at 3.
5) Ussualy I have a Tear now, might upgrade it to Archangel staff right away. Provides both Mana and AP. I lile.
6) Lich bane. Might get this before Archangel for no real reason.

I level Pulse whenever I can, and harras/last hit with Q. Do not try to stack riftwalk for the damage. It's not worth it early on. Use it just for mobility. My masteries are 9/0/21 grabbing magic pent in offence and mana regeneration, movement speed and reduced cool down in utility.

Runes are Magic Pent Reds, Dodge Yellows, Cooldown Blues, Health Quints. Not really optimised for Kass, its what I use for all magic damage dealers.

Summoner spells are Ignite and Clarity.

Ignite gives that extra push to bring them down; You need some kills for SS and with the recent trend at Riot to make heroes with build-in HP regen its often a valid choice.
Clarity gives me mana on command and has low CD. Why waste precious ability power gold on mana, if there's a spell that gives me more. :O!

Mind you, I only play unranked games.

Holiday Sauce

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs530 View Post
I'm looking for a decent kass build to use.

Right now I'm using:
boots
soulstealer (if I'm doing well)
rod
zhonya's
time allows banshee's.

I really don't know what a good build for kass is, so help is greatly appreciated.
Alright, so i would say your build looks fine, but the soulstealer i feel is too risky, i feel that a tear of goddess is better and instead of ROA i get Rylai's then archangel or zhonya's. game usually ends, and always get exlirs when you hit 11.

As for runes i go MPen marks Mana Regen per 5 seals CDR Glyphs and health quints

peyo

09-25-2010

Doran's Shield +hp pot
Soulstealer
Boots
Leviathan
Sorc Shoes
Zhonya
Lich Bane/defensive item

that's even more risky, but I don't really have games where I can't get any stacks. Active early game, ganks and it's fine as long as my team is not completely terribad.

Ozomataz

09-25-2010

Kas is my main and he's gotten me to a decent elo using this build:
Doran's Shield + HP pot
Soulstealer
Boots (most games sorc shoez but if they are heavy on CC go merc treads)
Haunting Guise
Tear of the Goddess
Zhonya's
and then whatever from here

Use 9/0/21 masteries, MPen reds, MP5/lvl yellow, CDR or ap/lvl blues, and flat ap quints.
Make sure to take clarity and ignite.

Lord Marcus

09-25-2010

Im a new Kass player, I have been doing pretty good on him (except a game where I was forced to lane instead of solo, and got majorly harassed since my lane ally was a tank garen that refused to properly tank)

So far I've been going a sort of hybrid build...

1 - Tear of Godess
2 - level 1 boots
3 - Push Rageblade
4 - SoulStealer
5 - Sorc Boots/Boots of Swiftness depending on enemies
6 - Hextech Gunblade

Afterword I usually don't have a solid item order..still testing new items. After pushing rageblade (which I found great for the damage/ability power/attack speed) I get extremely aggressive and found myself filling up SS extremely fast, especially on SR.

Anyone know a good/solid Hybrid build I can look at to give some insight into how to modify this build? Im debating removing hextech or not, or which item to push afterwords (Zhonyas, Lichbane, Archangel, etc)

MasterChiefBudz

09-25-2010

just went 20/5 with Kas last game, I like to rush a rod, then get a soulstealer, and archangles for mana/ap. then go pure ap like zhonyas.