Updates to Legal Jibber Jabber

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leon33

10-03-2012

I have 2 questions that might sound really dumb, but I'm still looking for the answer to. One, just out of curiousity what does tracking pixels mean? and two, does this qualify as a forum? if not, what exactly are the forums? and how do i get to them?

Kojiro Sasaki

10-03-2012

so we’re gonna make use of more 3rd party cookies as well as tracking pixels

....Nope. Done with league now.

Rapper

10-03-2012

Why do I feel like that's just an excuse to squeeze your company out of tight situations whenever you have morally wronged someone. For those who aren't sure what arbitration is, it's where instead of having your day in court you get to sit with an arbitrator (most likely very biased on Riot's behalf) an settle out of court, You see this with huge businesses all the time. Let's hope Riot has good intentions when implementing this.

Megnificent

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
We want to understand where new League of Legends players are coming from, so we’re gonna make use of more 3rd party cookies as well as tracking pixels, and the updated policy reflects this.
What exactly are 3rd party cookies and tracking pixels, if I may ask? ._.;

Kraemer

10-03-2012

You guys are like the only company that would actually put this out there for your customers to see. For that, you earn +10 respect points.

Tyrauk

10-03-2012

Lamar,

I am a recent law school graduate, and have passed the bar. Any openings over in Riot land?

Tyrauk

ThaddeusMike

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bible View Post
Why do I feel like that's just an excuse to squeeze your company out of tight situations whenever you have morally wronged someone. For those who aren't sure what arbitration is, it's where instead of having your day in court you get to sit with an arbitrator (most likely very biased on Riot's behalf) an settle out of court, You see this with huge businesses all the time. Let's hope Riot has good intentions when implementing this.
I would guess that their intentions are neutral. They aren't trying to scam us, but they do have an interest in limiting potential liabilities which may be at odds with what is in the best interest of the player.

JackSkullington

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaddeusMike View Post
I would guess that their intentions are neutral. They aren't trying to scam us, but they do have an interest in limiting potential liabilities which may be at odds with what is in the best interest of the player.
Yes it would seem they are upgrading to the best security for our own and their benefit. Also, the cookies may be used to see where players of this game are so they can improve our gaming experience.

Cyrad

10-03-2012

I'm not sure if I'm cool with being forced to use an arbitrator for legal disputes...

SpikeRosered

10-03-2012

FYI part of that means that if you have a claim against Riot you're gonna have to arbitrate it in a location of their choice. Hope you live near California...

Though their choice of law is for the state of Delaware, so until they update the TOU on the website I'm just gonna have to wonder.